Is there a widget or app of some sort that will disable 4G when I connect to a wireless network? I'm usually at home connected to wifi, I don't need 4G to be turned on...does such an app exist that will auto switch off 4G if connected to a wireless network?
    12-17-2011 07:21 PM
    I've never used anything like "Tasker" or similar, but I think that's probably the only app that might do it. The other stuff in the market is just shortcuts to the network settings that allow you to turn LTE off and go CDMA only.
    12-17-2011 07:23 PM
    I've never used anything like "Tasker" or similar, but I think that's probably the only app that might do it. The other stuff in the market is just shortcuts to the network settings that allow you to turn LTE off and go CDMA only.
    I took a look at that app, but I can't get a straight answer on whether or not it can do such a thing... :/

I'm sure a simple script of some sort could accomplish this.
    12-17-2011 07:25 PM
    how about just leaving 4G off most of the time and then manually turning it on when you really need that burst of speed ex. large download, video, etc. and you are away from wifi?
    12-17-2011 07:31 PM
    how about just leaving 4G off most of the time and then manually turning it on when you really need that burst of speed ex. large download, video, etc. and you are away from wifi?
    Yea. that's what I'll have to do for the time being, but wish there was an automated way of doing it instead.
    12-17-2011 08:16 PM
    I would like to see beautiful widgets add something for tuning the 4G on/off or make it a shortcut that brings up the radio settings.
    12-17-2011 09:23 PM
    Is there a widget or app of some sort that will disable 4G when I connect to a wireless network? I'm usually at home connected to wifi, I don't need 4G to be turned on...does such an app exist that will auto switch off 4G if connected to a wireless network?
    Correct me if I am wrong but does not the GN automatically prefer WIFI to LTE when connected to WIFI? At least that appears to be so for me. The "4G" indicator on the status bar disappears when my GN is connected to WIFI...and most of my data usage has been on WIFI instead of LTE.
    12-17-2011 10:47 PM
    Correct me if I am wrong but does not the GN automatically prefer WIFI to LTE when connected to WIFI? At least that appears to be so for me. The "4G" indicator on the status bar disappears when my GN is connected to WIFI...and most of my data usage has been on WIFI instead of LTE.
    Yes. I believe you are correct. I've had another person also confirm this with me. So I guess there's no point to run off 4G at all if I'm connected to WiFi. In a sense, it's already automatically switched off thus allowing wifi to handle all data.
    12-17-2011 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD