Prefer Wireless

Underfunded

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to set the phone up, or does it do it by default, to prefer transferring data over a wifi network when connected to one? For instance when I am at home I have my phone linked to my wireless-n network, will it send data over the cell network or my wifi network and can I change it to prefer wireless transfers?

Underfunded

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you both. I'm grandfathered on unlimited but my wife has 4 GB. That means I'll push her to link up to the wireless at work as well as at home!

kesnik

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Everything goes over wifi, even OTAs

I just learned that you can't get an OTA update if the phone is not activated. I purchased the GN at release and my Tbolt went by the wayside. My girlfriend showed some interest so I tried to get the newest OTA for her. The OTA service was not available until the Tbolt was activated once again.

Once activated I downloaded the OTA on 4G. I never tried to download one over WIFI. So, just an FYI I guess.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I just learned that you can't get an OTA update if the phone is not activated. I purchased the GN at release and my Tbolt went by the wayside. My girlfriend showed some interest so I tried to get the newest OTA for her. The OTA service was not available until the Tbolt was activated once again.

Once activated I downloaded the OTA on 4G. I never tried to download one over WIFI. So, just an FYI I guess.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Any devices that get their updates from Verizon have to be activated to get OTAs, yes. You can always just install the zip file though, too.

Any devices that get their updates from Google (Nexus, Xoom, etc.) do not have to be activated to get OTAs, but I think you do have to have a Google account set up on the device.

In either case, updates can be downloaded over whatever connection you prefer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12