Facebook App draining battery?

Mooondog

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Screen = 33% battery usage
Facebook = 23%
OS = 23%

Really? How can FB take that much juice? I just pop in for a minute or so every once in a while.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yikes. I set mine to refresh every two hours and I never see that with occasional use. You might have the interval set to high.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Set it to 'never' because facebook pushes the notifications to the phone when you get a message or what not...

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I deleted Facebook and downloaded friendcaster. Friend caster does not have the battery drain issues that Facebook has and its a really good app.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: macmitten

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Screen = 33% battery usage
Facebook = 23%
OS = 23%

Really? How can FB take that much juice? I just pop in for a minute or so every once in a while.

Latest FB app (1.9.3) isn't any better. I noticed it sucking 29% of my battery usage this am, and I hadn't even launched it. Was all background process.

Needless to say, I've had it with the FB app. I uninstalled it, and going to use the web app from now on (until FB get's their together). Works almost as well. I put a shorcut on my homescreen. That will work for now.

No other apps suck this much battery. I don't get how the FB app on Android is so much suckier than the iOS version.

I'd give it zero stars in the google play review if that was possible. 1 star is the lowest you can go.

tdi1985

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if I'm missing something, but Facebook is not showing up on my battery usage screen. It is using up about 45mb of memory though.

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I deleted Facebook and downloaded friendcaster. Friend caster does not have the battery drain issues that Facebook has and its a really good app.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I did the same thing. Facebook app does not get along with Android.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It's because it's constantly searching for GPS, on top of terrible loading (even with the newest updates...).

It's a terrible app, plain and simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674