How to Eject Galaxy Nexus on Windows 7

booradley20

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
How am I supposed to safely eject the Galaxy Nexus after I've hooked it up via USB to my computer which is running Windows 7.

When I right click on the Galaxy Nexus icon in "My Computer", it does not give me the option to eject the device nor does the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon show the Galaxy Nexus as a hard drive that I can choose to eject.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Just unplug it. You don't need to worry about safely ejecting it (as long as you're not in the process of transferring files between it and the computer, but you should already know disconnecting things in use is dangerous), because with ICS the media storage isn't unmounted from the phone at all like what happens on phones with microSD cards connecting with USB Mass Storage. You don't need to "eject" it from the computer at all.

Take this with a grain of salt but my understanding of MTP and some threads I've read asking practically this same question gives me a good idea. I just haven't personally hooked my Nexus up to the computer.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I thought it was strange as well that the device doesn't show up in pop-up window to safely remove/eject devices. Now I just close the File Explorer window and unplug the device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc