Galaxy Nexus randomly turned off?

kesnik

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I was being guided by the voice queues in Google Navigation. Which was a problem because the screen was off and the voice queues just stopped. worst thing of all, it shut down and didn't reboot. I had to power it back up.

Every other smartphone that I have owned has rebooted at somepoint but this is the first smartphone that didn't restart automatically.

-Kesnik

ClinchDroid

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Mine froze and rebooted on me when I went into the camera app. It acctually sat frozen for about 30 seconds. I was going to pull the battery when it rebooted. Its been fine since.

Scottee28

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I had one random reboot yesterday, battery was about 30%, I turned on screen to check a text message then put it down, about 30 seconds later I noticed the boot animation. Dont know why it reboot, random.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
One odd shutoff today while holding down the microphone on the Google search bar so I could see the predefined search terms in help. The display just went blank. At first I thought it was the screen timeout, but then I had to hold down the power button and watch the phone start up again. So I guess the phone just turned off without a reboot.

Anyway this is a shut down occurrence that needs to be looked into

jhpk13

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Battery at 57% , listening to pandora, and searching market. Phone shutdown and had to power it back on holding power button. Never experienced on previous phones. :-\

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My randomly shut off the first day and hasn't done it since. Didn't reboot or anything just did a full shut down and my battery was around 70% at the time just connected to my car's bluetooth idling. Wasn't on the phone or anything... thought it was odd but hasn't done it again since so *cross fingers* it was just a one time thing.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Up until the last few replies, I sensed a theme, but now who knows. For the ones that were doing a ton of stuff at once and/or were using navigation, I could see it possibly being an overheating type of situation and the phone just turns off so it can cool the battery down.

However, the ones who weren't doing anything I have no idea.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine did it twice yesterday. Once it rebooted and I wasn't even doing anything with it. I just looked down at it sitting on my desk and the "Google" logo was on the screen. Then after I had fully charged the battery and was about to shut down to install the new extended battery, it rebooted when I unplugged the charger (100% charge). So I pulled the battery and installed the extended one. Charged to 100% and it's been fine since.

EDIT:

So it just rebooted again for no aparent reason. It's not even plugged in to the charger, just sitting on my desk. I had a text message waiting, and next thing I know, there's the boot animation. WTF? This needs addressed real soon...

Last edited:

diverbelow

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
mine rebooted right after i "disabled" the vz backup.

I also disabled VZ backup the second I left the store on 12/15. Then on 12/17 my phone rebooted while opening up the camera with the front facing camera. Then it rebooted yesterday evening while in messaging. The uptime was 44 hours, and 6 hours later is when my phone rebooted on me.

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to me trying to fire up Grand Theft Auto III, then I tried it again and half the text on my homescreen went black. Upon restarting the dialer was missing from the bottom of my homescreen and the Google+ widget couldn't pull any pictures. Restarted again and everything seems to be fine though GTA still craps out.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had 3 reboots yesterday while listening to music with the Google Music app. Every time it happened I was changing the equalizer preset.

I've had no other reboots or shut downs.

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine self shut off while I was in the market. Looks like we have a glitch somewhere in the OS that google needs to fix.

Shimmy

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I had a reboot when putting it into the clock mode at night. Phone was plugged in. It's the only time it's happened so far since I got it last Thursday.

forkball316

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Had 2 random reboots today for the first time. Fully charged & plugged into my computer. Thought it might have something to do with just updating Nova Launcher. Maybe not though if others are having problems...