What Keyboard Is Everyone Using?

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Keyboards

uugggghhhh I really hope we can get swype on this SOB soon
The TouchPal app has their version of swipe. It's ok, I use their regular typing method as my main keyboard (same app, you can just choose to swipe or press as you type) It's not as good as their original, IMO, at handling spaces.

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm using the stock keyboard. I installed SwiftKey off my Amazon account but the keys seem smaller by comparison.

And with this larger screen I'm not sure I'll lament the lack of Swype for the time being, since the main reason I started using Swype was to make typing on the comparatively small OG Droid screen easier. Fat fingers and all that :p

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Do you have to be close in swiftkey? When I type I'm just in the general vicinity doesn't matter how big my fingers are on touchpal. but it seems to be buggy, maybe I should get swiftkey.

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Do you have to be close in swiftkey? When I type I'm just in the general vicinity doesn't matter how big my fingers are.
You can set your typing profile as either a rapid typer (the keyboard will figure out what you're approximately typing) or perfectionist (expecting you to be right on).

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
i noticed somethin when i was using swiftkey x, whenever i would have the keyboard up to type something a little keyboard icon on the notification bar would appear and when i select it it would just tell me to select my text input..am i doing something wrong or is this normal?

holysnikey

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I am on stock currently but I have been debating putting Swiftkey on it because I had that on my DX on every ROM I used. I love the neon theme though with the ICS GUI
EDIT: Madkoda you aren't doing anything wrong that is just showing you have an "aftermarket" keyboard and it is selected.

Last edited:

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I am using a working APK of Swype...Rooted not required... PM me for the link, with permission from the dev, THANKS appreciated

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Thumb keyboard.

With the screen size on the Nexus, I use the split keyboard in landscape mode. Plus, it has a lot of customization options. You can change things like the secondary characters assigned to the keys, colors, key sizes and lots more. Got it as a free Amazon App of the Day a while back, but it's a keyboard I'd pay for.

Sent using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar