Native email search functionality

kurt711

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I missed something but how do you search emails in native email client. I have exchange acct setup and was under the impression that google finally got ability to search in native email client as well as on server search.

I have love/hate relationship with my GN, love clean ICS, awesome screen and speed after using DX for about year and half with several different roms.

Not in love with battery life as I'm getting great battery life if i don't touch the phone (20% down in 8 hours overnight, another 40% down in just hour and half of use). Also disappointed with missing google voice integration, sucks but that is more verizon then google I'm sure.

exchange email is big part of my phone use and would like to not go to touchdown or k-9 just so i can search.

Also, anyone else have email widget not updating right away? wondering if there is a setting to update widget faster.

Appreciate the help. Thanks.

northbanker

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I see no-one responded to you questions Kurt. I don't have a Nexus (yet) but I'm in the same boat as you: Exchange is a BIG part (probably the biggest part) of my phone usage.

I'm wondering about the overall quality of Exchange/ActiveSync on ICS, e.g. Speed/reliability of sync, search, etc... for email/contacts/calendar.

I'd love to hear what you & others who are using Exchange have found in your first days of ownership.

riversmallie

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I missed something but how do you search emails in native email client. I have exchange acct setup and was under the impression that google finally got ability to search in native email client as well as on server search.

I have love/hate relationship with my GN, love clean ICS, awesome screen and speed after using DX for about year and half with several different roms.

Not in love with battery life as I'm getting great battery life if i don't touch the phone (20% down in 8 hours overnight, another 40% down in just hour and half of use). Also disappointed with missing google voice integration, sucks but that is more verizon then google I'm sure.

exchange email is big part of my phone use and would like to not go to touchdown or k-9 just so i can search.

Also, anyone else have email widget not updating right away? wondering if there is a setting to update widget faster.

Appreciate the help. Thanks.

Yes - Same problem here.

I would imagine that I am just missing something.

Does anyone have any advice.

Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463