Good Calendar Widget

gsampl4

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone found a good calendar widget? Simple Calendar and Go Calendar just blow up when I install them. I guess they will start working once they are reconfigured for ICS.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I need one too. I use smooth calendar but it's not working yet for ICS and the native widget isn't displaying my events. Not sure why. If I open the calendar I see all my events as synced from my google calendar, but they don't show on the widget. But if I add a new event to the same calendar, it shows up. So not sure why that is, never had that issue with any other device. I'm hoping smooth calendar gets updated soon.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
IMO the best calendar widget is Pure Calendar Widget which has a ton of different skin if your looking for a agenda view otherwise Pure Calendar Grid if you want a monthly calendar.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Jorte! is loaded with various widgets and has Agenda, Task and Calendar functions. It can be synced with your Google calendar or used as a stand alone calendar.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
How did you add it to your homescreen? After I downloaded it, it doesn't appear in my list of widgets.

I've got a bunch of widgets from Agenda Widget (not sure if I like the "open the app drawer and select widgets" mode of operation for ICS, but I'm sure I'll get used to it). The standard IT response is "have you tried turning it off and on again?" :)

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
One thing about Jorte! though. The stock calendar widgets have default color themes that are ugly as sin, make your own color choices using the edit function and you can make one that is beautiful and matches your phone's homescreen better. ;)

mrdunn

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I like Business Calendar free. Problems with notifications as with all the programs I have tried for notifications and repeats.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Business Calender Free is by far the best. Put up a 4x4 widget and change the settings so text shows up and you see the whole month.

Then another setting lets you tap the screen and your agenda comes up.

soogriff

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Glad I'm not the only one having calendar problems. I get kicked off it after a few appointments get added. It's to the point where I try to add an appointment as fast as I can before I get booted. Don't know what the deal is. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. I love the agenda view on this thing. (Coming from a Blackberry Bold 9930. Blackberry calendar was not great, so this is a dream)

gsampl4

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I like the look of Business Calender but I don't see it as an option in my widget selections.. is there another way to add it as a widget?