home screen rotation

sandyj125

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the auto rotate screen checked in my settings but the home screen does not rotate. Is this normal? It rotates on any other programs, but not on the home screen. My OD would rotate so I just don't know if this if supposed to or not.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine does the same thing. I think I remember other people saying the same thing.

I am curious if people are noticing that it takes a bit for the screen to rotate. When you are on a screen that rotates it just seems to take more than a few seconds to turn. This is a bit irritating

sandyj125

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
so this is a "feature" of ICS? No screen rotation on the home screen? What about a desktop widget? Something to keep it in landscape mode with access to music, time, etc. like my OD?

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Android has never had that as a stock feature on phones without landscape keyboards. Some roms and launchers allow it, but it can get annoying if it's constantly flipping around, at least for me.

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I've never had a homescreen rotate before. I've had the fascinate, incredible, and the droid charge. None of them rotated

marcw

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I use adw ex to rotate my screen. currently adw looks very similar to ics launcher, but with a few extras.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21