Poll: Scale of 1 - 10 Rate Your GN Experience so far

On a scale of 1-10 rate your experience with your GN (10 is high)

• Total voters

mozy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I'll go with a 9.

I left my Droid X for this phone - no regrets this phone is AMAZING!!!!!

Pros
  • OS is Super fast
  • Screen amazing - clear
  • Speaker phone is loud once you add the app Volume+ (it is free got it in thread in these forums for free)
  • Any problem I find with this phone I find a solution almost immediately on these boards or on the internet
  • LTE - blazing fast
  • Call quality seems good (haven't used much)
  • Customization is easy and fun (loving the folders)
  • Navigation works better than ever
  • Everything works smoothly (once you figure it out)
  • The voice recognition is significantly improved
  • Gmail, browser - nice upgrades
  • I like the no physical buttons
  • The task switcher/manager feature is awesome

Cons
  • Battery life (but I was expecting that - this phone charges slower than the Droid X) (Note I have not explored how to maximize my battery use - I'm sure it can be improved once I research it and experiment with with different ideas.)

Haven't used much - no opinion yet
  • Camera/video player

The real genius of the phone is being able to design it how you like and improve it exponentially and continuously - if you are into that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wiggy0211

Alerio

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
ICS experience a 9! Due to connectivity issues and weak antenna hardware a 4. If I can't make phone calls or send txt messages what's the point of having it.

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I put 8.

The phone is fast(ish). I still get keyboard lag. The multitasking button doesnt respond right away. In fact its actually slower to load than holding home button on older Android phones. And apps take about .5 seconds more to load on ICS than they so on older androud phones.

Signal strength seems lower than other phones though i live in a strong signal area so it doesnt effect me much.

I love the UI. The blue looks nice, the blacks look nice. The consistency across the phones UI is impressive and a huge improvement over gingerbread.

The screen. I had the RAZR and i actually enjoyed the screen on that device. But the screen on this phone is amazing. Another level. I love super amoled and 720p is fantastic.

I love the onscreen buttons!

Voice dictation has improved 10 fold. Its really accurate and doesbt stop listening to you until your actually done.

The hardware looks beautiful. Feels good too.

Buggyness doesnt seem to be present. Aside from my lag issues in the keyboard and multitasking buttons, i must say this device never crashes or freezes. It just works. So far it is more consistant than any other device ive owned.

Lockscreen notification tray. Nuff said there. Also love music controls on lock screen and in notification bar.

Browser is smooth as butter. Zooming, scrolling, so smooth. I love it.

ofcjscott

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
9.5. Google gots a few bugs to exterminate. Also need more apps supporting ICS in general (not the phone's fault, just saying). Hands down best phone out right now.

@JSGibbons

Sent from Tapatalk via Galaxy Nexus on VZW.

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Voted 8. Didn't mark it down for battery life because I knew it wouldn't be great going into it. WiFi and cell reception is really bad. Hope it improves with newer basebands and kernel tweaks.

need4speed69

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Solid 9

Pros:
-Faster then a bunch of other phones i tested
-Beautiful screen and great size
-ICS seems very well rounded and for a brand new OS, as close to flawless as they come
-No bugs as of yet
-Scrolling, navigation, loading all fast
-Browser is lightning fast
-Love some new ICS features like drop down menu while locked, swipe away, better system mgmt.
-Big improvement on widgets
-Installation of anything is very fast
-Massive improvement on voice recognition
-Phone is just beautiful in general

Cons:
-Noticed substantial stutter on graphic intensive live wallpapers
-Battery life could be improved, but expected
-Tiny polished features missing
-More OS customization options would be nice instead of resorting to a ROM
-Speaker appears low sometimes (might just be me)
-Keyboard lag especially when typing sideways
-Isn't a real Ice Cream Sandwich :(

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I gave it a 9.

Great phone hardware and design, even more amazing OS.

Phone hardware is very nice, good design, solid feeling, light weight, thin, beautiful screen, fast, and am very pleased with the camera.

The OS, AMAZING. ICS is the mature OS we have hoped for. No wonder Google is getting sued left and right, the is an awesome iteration of the Android OS. Great UI, great performance.

Battery life is okay, coming from the first VZW 4G phone, the Thunderbolt, 4G battery life is better on the gNEX. the radios must be updated too, as the 4G speeds are much better on the gNEX.

By FAR, the best phone I have ever owned, maybe I can keek this one for my entire 2 year contract? Hmmmm......

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I'd give it a 8 I love ics. I have surprisingly good battery life. But I'm noticing a few things that need to be fixed. Fb integration and the wireless radios on this phone are horrible. I fade to 3g sometimes in places and my rezound never went to 3g..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

st0ic_1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I was waiting for a thread like this. My GN will be arriving the first part of this week & I can't wait to start playing with it. As an upgrade from the OG Droid... it's going to be a huge improvement.

BringMeBack9801

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I gave it a 6. I really do like the phone, software and hardware wise, but some serious lag and stutter problems are forcing my score down. I'm going to try to exchange it for a new one and hope I can give it a higher score :)

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I gave it a 9. It's a bit slippery and I hate putting cases on sexy phones. Also, I am sick of hearing people whine. My reception is fine and I am happy for you with your razr/rezound.

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
My day 1 usage I'd have put it near a 4 or 5, simply because so many apps didn't work/weren't updated yet.... And I was completely unable to load ANY video files onto the phones memory (even with a video player that supported the video formats) *Issue was resolved with the OTA updates, as well as driver updates for my comp.*

Now that I've gotten used to the apps that pushed updates (dolphin beta), and in some cases the replacements (SlideIT instead of Swype) I rate this phone a solid 9-9.5 The only things holding this phone back from being perfect:

-I'm not experiencing terribly good battery life (I have my screen on between 2-3 hours a day on the train, so my usage is admittedly high). Of note, is that I do not have the extended battery (big mistake for my level of usage), but would still prefer a MUCH larger extended battery than even that (I'd rock a phone that would make Zack Morris proud, if it meant not having to drop it on the charger when I get home)

-Just the occasional weird UI thing with ICS that probably gets ironed out over time. Example: Going to the clock/alarm clock stock app, locks my phone. I am then unable to actually change any settings without first re-unlocking the phone. However, the only way to get the lock screen back up is to hit the screen power button once to turn it off, then again to turn it back on. It all still works, but is a little awkward and unintuitive. The same holds true after the alarm goes off in the morning. I can shut the alarm off, but then the phone refuses to accept inputs until unlocked. Again, the only way to get from the clock screen when locked to the unlock screen, is to power off the screen, then power it back on.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the hell out of this phone. The screen is massive and amazing. I have no lag anywhere. The 4g internet is anywhere between 16-36mbps down. I've got a ton of movies on my phone, and a ton more accessable on my computers harddrive via the internet. I now have google wallet, and can't wait to nerd out trying it. And most importantly, I once again have Zelda 64 after losing my old system in a flood years ago, and it runs great ;)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd give it a 9/10. It does have some signal issues however everything else has been pretty well golden.

Not going to blame app issues on Google because its the developers issue. Apps will be updates before long.

The volume bug isn't a bug I don't think even though it could stand to be higher .

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I'll go with a 8.

Will rerate after the next update. So far my only concerns are connectivity and the led notification light is sporatic without light flow. Love this phone.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I gave the Galaxy Nexus a solid 8(.5).Beautifully designed device.Only the SonyEricsson Xperia ARC has more graceful lines.Pure ICS Android is so clean and minimalistic though perhaps not for everybody.I'm in a solid LTE area so very rarely am I dropped down to EVDO. My battery life has exceeded expectations.The only reason my GN doesn't get a 9+ rating is its' terribly inconsistent camera/video performance.I use my camera feature alot on the go so I was hoping for performance at least close to that of the Rezound.I don't know if the GN's camera/video sensor hardware is inferior that of the Rezound or it's a camera software issue that Google can correct/improve on with future OS issues. ;)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc