Best deal on the VZW Galaxy Nexus?

velocity93c

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello friends. I recently missed out on the awesome deal letstalk.com had for the GNex, and am really kicking myself in the arse for it. I'm hoping the forum members know where the best deal on the GNex is now, or can point me in the right direction. Is there a website that will list all of the deals currently for the GNex? An aggregate price site would be nice. I appreciate any help/information in advance! Happy holidays, friends.

Skyeclad

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I too was hoping to see a deal on this phone. I have 2 lines ready for an upgrade and I thought this holiday season might bring the bogo's I've seen in the past, especially since there are a plethora of Droid's on the market these days.

Last year, after I bought my Fascinate, there were BOGA(Buy One, Get Anything) deals about a month later. Kicking myself but I couldn't take advantage of them anyway due to not being in sync on both of my family lines. Now, thanks to an early upgrade gift from Verizon, I can take advantage but there are no deals that I'm aware of.

I guess I'd rather have a GNEX and would pay $150 each if offered. Kind of like getting a $300 bogo. On the other hand, having already played with ICS on my Fascinate, I would consider the Rezound if the price were better.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I think this site does a good idea of keeping us updated on price changes and specials on Android devices. It looks like Amazon has the best deal right now for new lines (239.99) and new accounts at 189.99.

jaydot33

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I did...and if the customer service rep at VZW responds by saying that there's no such deal, tell them I just got this deal. I spoke to a rep last week about the letstalk deal and they had NO idea about it. I said I was trying to upgrade RIGHT now, and if they could match what letstalk was doing or come close to it, i would order with them on the spot. So the lady put me on hold for about 3-4 minutes and discussed it with her manager. They gave me the online price of $250.00 and then offered to give me two months of free service on my line (equivalent to $120 bucks for 2 months). If they give you crap, act furious and tell them to transfer you over to someone who can help close your account so you can go to T-Mobile or AT&T to swap to the Galaxy II. If you have good credit history, they'll give you SOMETHING, guaranteed. Did this for my line, my fathers, and my cousins.

Last edited:

wkupike2000

May 14, 2010
Visit site
How did you get $199 and early upgrade? Went to three stores near me today, all said I had to wait until upgrade dates(1/3 which is less than 2 weeks) and best price I can get is $299. Appreciate any help!

2010BmwM3

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I paid 249.99$ for the phone and signed another 2 year contract. I had a 50$ off an upgrade from Verizon. I wish they offered 1 year, but oh well. This phone can definitely keep up for the next 2 years.

Reactions: wkupike2000

wkupike2000

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I paid 249.99$ for the phone and signed another 2 year contract. I had a 50$ off an upgrade from Verizon. I wish they offered 1 year, but oh well. This phone can definitely keep up for the next 2 years.

Is there a coupon/code for the $50 off upgrade? And even more so, how did you get $249? I can't get anyone off of the $299 price point for my upgrade. My upgrade is also Jan 3 and they keep telling me I can't use it earlier but I see that others have so I'm lost on convincing them.

2010BmwM3

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Is there a coupon/code for the $50 off upgrade? And even more so, how did you get $249? I can't get anyone off of the $299 price point for my upgrade. My upgrade is also Jan 3 and they keep telling me I can't use it earlier but I see that others have so I'm lost on convincing them.

I think I only had the 50$ because I have been with Verizon for nearly 4 years now and I had my previous phone for 2 years and 6 months. They probably gave it to me in hopes of having me purchase a new phone sooner. It was 299.99 before I used my 50$ Verizon had given me. It might also have to do with how I get 25% off stuff because of my job.

I also heard of a 100$ from switching from a 3G to a 4G phone from Verizon. You might want to call and ask about that.

Last edited:

naudan

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
OK - so I ported from Sprint to Verizon for the service and this phone this past sunday 12/18, and I think I got a great deal.

I paid $150 at best buy. How I did it was I asked them to price match amazon wireless. At the time it was $150 for a new customer. However, I did have to go to 3 best buy locations before one of them agreed to price match. 100% worth it though, getting the phone for 1/2 off. I would order from amazon but they are backordered while everyone else has plenty of stock.

One thing I learned was this: if you go and ask for a price match against amazon wireless, if the helper immediately asks "How much are they selling it for" - dont answer. Just say "im not exactly sure". They will then go back to their computer, etc., which I feel helps the process because they are already engaged. The first couple I went to I immediately respodned "150!" and ,even without asking their manager, they said "no way".

Thats my 2 cents, hopefully those switching can get the amazon price of $180 which is great for this phone! :)