How to disable "talk back"?

kthomas1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
For certain events, such as opening up an internet page, my Nexus likes to talk back to me. This occurs even if I put the phone on silent mode. For example, when I go to facebook on the browser, my Nexus will say "facebook". This is extremely annoying.

I've looked all through the phone settings, nothing seems to work. Any thoughts on how to disable this?

need4speed69

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
For certain events, such as opening up an internet page, my Nexus likes to talk back to me. This occurs even if I put the phone on silent mode. For example, when I go to facebook on the browser, my Nexus will say "facebook". This is extremely annoying.

I've looked all through the phone settings, nothing seems to work. Any thoughts on how to disable this?

If your nexus talks back to you i would either slap it or call an exorcist.....:eek:

kthomas1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok I managed to fix it. Even though TalkBack was "off", it was still doing it. So I went into settings under "TalkBack", and unclicked everything. Seemed to do the trick!

Reactions: anon(507726)

arcrox

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't see this option on my browser. I'm using ics browser plus. I even turned on the debug settings. It seems any app which has an accessability service causes this bug. I've also experienced it with Llama

Edit: nevermind, found it in phone settings. I was looking in browser settings.

Last edited:

cozbaldwin

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just installed ICS on my Nexus S and got this issue. Disabling web scripts finally worked for me, thank you.
What else are we disabling by doing this, I wonder?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Just installed ICS on my Nexus S and got this issue. Disabling web scripts finally worked for me, thank you.
What else are we disabling by doing this, I wonder?

I don't think anyone knows. No one can deal with the talking long enough to figure it out. :)

VWGTIGUY

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
My RAZR M starting doing this too.. after reading this thread and how someone mentioned lightflow, it clicked that this did in fact start happening to me after installing light flow. I uninstalled lightflow, chrome stopped talking to me. Yay.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe light flow has anything to do with it.
There is a web scripts option under accessibility, that makes the browser talk.

Actually Light Flow does have something to do with it. There are several apps that when installed on certain Samsung phones cause the Talkback feature to activate. The problem, however, isn't with the apps, but with the way Samsung did something and haven't bothered fixing. If you go to the Light Flow page in the Play Store (excellent app by the way), they have a link to the issue in the "what's new" or "app description" section. They also tell you how to fix the problem so you can keep using the app.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

akrasch

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Help!
I enabled accessibility on my samsung galaxy 3 and now I'm locked out! It won't accept my password. Before it went into lock mode, I tried to turn accessibility off by pushing the icon for "settings" but the phone would not respond. In fact it did not respond when I touched any of the icons. What now?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800