Where you are using the Nexus

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I feel like every other thread I read is about not getting signal, and the poster usually states they're from a 'rural area'. Look I have a Droid X (Nexus comes tomorrow), and I have only lived in large cities since I have owned a smartphone. Is it fair for some of you guys to be complaining about how you're not getting good coverage with something that isn't even available everywhere yet in 4G? I don't care about the "but I used to get 'X' amount of coverage with 'X' phone, I'm curious about where you're at NOW and with the Nexus only.

So where is everyone using their Nexus? Are you in a big city? Are you on the cusp of getting 4G and complaining regardless?

Polymira

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Paradise, California

Small town, lots of trees. We don't have LTE here (closest city with LTE is 90 miles away currently). I get 0-1 bars of 3G service on my Nexus (less then 3x other VZW phones i've used in the same place).

Kunji

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I feel like every other thread I read is about not getting signal, and the poster usually states they're from a 'rural area'. Look I have a Droid X (Nexus comes tomorrow), and I have only lived in large cities since I have owned a smartphone. Is it fair for some of you guys to be complaining about how you're not getting good coverage with something that isn't even available everywhere yet in 4G? I don't care about the "but I used to get 'X' amount of coverage with 'X' phone, I'm curious about where you're at NOW and with the Nexus only.

So where is everyone using their Nexus? Are you in a big city? Are you on the cusp of getting 4G and complaining regardless?

i really hope you're in a strong area. look forward to you experience with this phone. please report back.:)

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
In NYC. My signal is generally okay, but I'm a creature of habit and I'm not getting service in places where I was fine with my Thunderbolt.

fire n ice

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm about 15 miles outside of Baton Rouge in an iffy VZW coverage area, so I expect my signal at home to be low. However, I was in town yesterday getting the wife's oil changed and I only had 1 bar and on 4G my speeds was terrible. Switching to 3G only and a reboot gave me 3-4 bars for some odd reason. Haven't had an issue with calls yet, though.

godanigo

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I live in San Francisco. Service has always been pretty crappy at my house, but Verizon was the only one that had service here back in the day. On the Nexus I only get one bar in my room, and speeds are really slow. With my droid 3G speeds were just fine in my room. We'll see what happens, I'm certainly not writing off the Nexus....at work I'm getting 23mbps :D.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Chicago. The only places where service is spotty are places that were spotty with my Droid X -- and that's usually inside buildings and elevators, particularly rooms that are surrounded by thick, possibly concrete, walls and with only small windows.