screen issues?

jd10984

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Ive noticed that unless the screen is on full brightness, on a white screen it tends to look greyish, a bit blotchy when its on half brightness.. is this the case with everyone else or should i look into a replacement?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Also it's very possible that the of Droid seems brighter . The OG has a,light bulb behind the screen. In Amoled the molecule in the screen glow without the help of a light bulb behind it. This is why on OG screen black looks grey and why on Amoled it is pitch black.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Ive noticed that unless the screen is on full brightness, on a white screen it tends to look greyish, a bit blotchy when its on half brightness.. is this the case with everyone else or should i look into a replacement?

That's just a side effect of the screen technology, called pentile. There is nothing wrong with your phone, it is just that they went with this kind of screen because it is much easier on the batteries than a non-pentile display.

Like you, I have only noticed it when the screen brightness is turned down and occasionally some cross-hatching on games.

I don't think much of it, but it really bothers other people. If it is something that you can't live with, then look at the Rezound, the screen on it is non-pentile.

anon(507726)

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed the same thing with mine. On a white screen or grey I see slight light grey vertical lines but once I turn the brightness up they tend to disappear but not entirely. On a side note, I noticed if the screen has been on for awhile on the same image and then I go to another screen it almost looks like the previous screen was "burned" in.

Anyone else seeing this or should I unroot and re-lock and return for a replacement?

ck_csra

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issues. Even when the screen is at full brightness, I get horizontal and vertical banding on a white or gray background. I'm replacing mine hoping it is just a defect - too many people are raving about the screen for this to be normal.

lockdown571

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issues. Even when the screen is at full brightness, I get horizontal and vertical banding on a white or gray background. I'm replacing mine hoping it is just a defect - too many people are raving about the screen for this to be normal.

Mine does the exact same thing. I doubt it's a defect. I just don't think many people notice these things. You could try going to the store and looking at the galaxy nexus on display.

rickt1152

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Is it just me or does the grey color of the nexus screen bother you. I've been comparing it to my Thunderbolt screen and it is very grey compared to the whiteness on the T-bolt. Also, everything is smaller on the nexus screen, text and graphics. The last thing is the auto brightness setting is very dim.

How much of this is software and how much is super amolled technology as compared to LCD?

I've been trying to adjust, but so far I find myself missing the screen on my thunderbolt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
First off the color temperatures are set.by Samsung.OLED technology is in Fact more flexible than LCD in color spectrum abilities.

Second, everything is smaller because the resolution is much higher. This is a HD screen. movies and pictures become much sharper because of the high red.

take a computer monitor for instance if you lower the resolution everything becomes big and blocky . If you raise it everything becomes smaller and sharper

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance