The Nexus, it burns!

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Its possible this is because the phone is so thin but man does this phone heat up while doing normal things. I was redoing my home screens and moving apps into folders and the cpu temp widget showed I was up to 111 Degrees F

The top of the phone was HOT and the screen was even hotter. Made a skype video call for about 15 minutes and that ran pretty hot too.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
no. The temp seems fine when I have it charging.

The worst it got was when i first got it and activated it. It started downloading all my market apps and it was so hot I had to angle it off my ear when i was talking because it was uncomfortable to rest on my ear.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Im not too worried being I have the extended 2 year warrenty and asurion insurance so if I have a problem ill be overnighted a new (to me) phone. Once I get a case it should be more comfortable to hold since my hand wont be touching the back of the phone.

On my dx the only time it ever got that hot was when i was using it for navigation. Weird how hot the Nexus gets hot just doing normal things.

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine was very hot the first two days of having the phone. I have not had the issue since then. Not sure if there is a "break in" period that would cause this but the heat issue has disappeared.

Reactions: tony bag o donuts

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue when I first got the phone and activated it (whle plugged in). I thought it burned my ear ;-). After a couple of days it's definitely gotten better, but it really seems to vary depending on what I'm doing. Plugged in, anything seems to get it hot. Overall, it doesn't seem to have gotten as hot as the first time again.