nexus battery cover

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
ok i bought the extra battery for the phone which means i have to keep opening the back cover to replace it, that back cover is a to open and put back in i'm worried at some point its going to break, those little hooks that latch on to the phone are made out of plastic. is there an easier way of putting it back on ? or is there a more durable cover i can buy?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
don't swap batteries keep the bigger battery in. And plug the phone at every chance u can

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Dendrite

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure about how strong the cover is, so who knows how long it will last.

I wonder as well. I spent a fair bit of time on a demo GN at my local corporate store this weekend and I noticed a couple of the cover tabs already had problems. One tab was broken off and the other was bent over and looked about to break off. Admittedly, the store had the usual USB/power/retractable cord blocks attached to the battery doors on all their demo phones. So this tugging may have stressed the plastic tabs. Probably won't be an issue for the average user but I agree- a pretty flimsy cover for such a top of the line phone-

johnnieeve

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
My OD phone is still doing just fine, but the GN has really caught my eye. That is, until I learned of the upcoming D4 release, possibly next week. I went to my Verizon store today to "Play" with the GN and like the post above, I noticed the back tabs were in terrible shape. I snapped everything back in place, but the tabs simply popped back out. Yes, there were cords attached and I'm sure that was a big part of the problem. But, that back did appear to be fragile.
I'll wait to see the D4 before deciding which way to go, GN or D4. However, I do like the idea of a physical keyboard.

NicoleCobar

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
?Note that the GSM battery cover is not interchangable with the Verizon version. The tabs that hold it in place are in slightly different positions. So if you have to have that Google logo, you?re going to have to work at it a bit.?
Although I don?t know what they mean by that last bit.

Regards
James Spotorno
iPhone 4 Cases

Last edited:

Eric Canha

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I bought the larger battery and discovered that the new back prevented me from using the stock VZW holster/case. The it dawned on me that there was no reason why I needed to put the back on the phone when the case was providing the same function. I now have both backs floating around in a draw and just slip off the case when I need to change batteries.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
FYI. Somewhat related. I got the VZW extended battery and just for the fun of it I tried the OG stock cover and it fit. Snug but fit.

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
FYI. Somewhat related. I got the VZW extended battery and just for the fun of it I tried the OG stock cover and it fit. Snug but fit.

Until that one day you'll be talking and suddenly..... POP! goes the cover.... I couldn't resist. I want to try it because of the case I got only fits the OG battery.

And it worked.... you are right, snug fit...