Is the Galaxy Nexus a "Flagship" or "guinea pig" phone? (for Verizon or Google)

(if not a "Flagship" phone, then which current Android phone on VZW holds that title?)

Thanks!
    12-19-2011 06:56 PM
    Its a flagship phone but Verizon would consider the Razr to be their flagship phone.
    12-19-2011 06:57 PM
    "Flagship" is about as worthless a term as verizons "droid"
    12-19-2011 07:01 PM
    It's Googles Flagship phone.

Verizon keeps releasing new flagships every 2 weeks so the term in meaningless.
    12-19-2011 07:03 PM
    This is my first post in the forums. And this is my first smart phone. However I felt compelled to reply since my son has had an Android from Motorolla for about a year. He helped me set up my new phone today and stated that this phone is the best he has seen as of to date. Mind you you he has set up his phone to boot into 3 different OS's and after useing this phone believes it's the the cleanest system he has ran accross and is very snappy. That being said so far after seeing and playing with other new phones I think this isnot only the flagship but a phone that is going to set the standard for most of the major players.

Just my 2 cents.

Tim
    cggeek911 likes this.
    12-19-2011 07:09 PM
    "Flagship" is about as worthless a term as verizons "droid"
    Plus one on this!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    12-19-2011 07:30 PM
    It THE top of the line, in all respects. But having a new OS, you've got to expect there to be some apps that will occasionally cause an issue until they are updated.
    12-19-2011 07:40 PM
    Flagship or guinea pig.......there has got to be some middle ground left out there.....
    12-19-2011 07:49 PM
    Flagship or guinea pig.......there has got to be some middle ground left out there.....
    I guess I don't mind being a guinea pig crusing on a flagship?
    12-20-2011 12:09 AM
    Is the Galaxy Nexus a "Flagship" or "guinea pig" phone? (for Verizon or Google)

(if not a "Flagship" phone, then which current Android phone on VZW holds that title?)

Thanks!
    It IS A FLAGSHIP of Google's Android phone, at this time.

It practically has been changed whenever a new phone was introduced. So, you should realize that many android phones USED TO BE a flagship of android phones at some time. At the same time, almost all of them also were guinea pigs. They all had some degree of flaws. Some got more patches, while some others weren't that lucky.

So, I would say, "YES, GALAXY NEXUS IS THE CURRENT FLAGSHIP, AND GUINEA PIG OF ANDROID."
    12-20-2011 12:19 AM
    Clearly it's both, and I'll have a guine pig phone all day long gladly, it just means it gets a lot of dev attention :-)
    12-20-2011 12:22 AM
    Unless you are getting the phone for some sort of bragging rights who cares whether it is flagship phone? It serves my purposes. I do not like HTC after 18 months with the Incredible and the Razr is lower screen resolution. Flagship? Not the Razr. I held it and looked at it and am very glad I got the Nexus. Did not buy for bragging rights.
    12-20-2011 12:28 AM
    Unless you are getting the phone for some sort of bragging rights who cares whether it is flagship phone? It serves my purposes. I do not like HTC after 18 months with the Incredible and the Razr is lower screen resolution. Flagship? Not the Razr. I held it and looked at it and am very glad I got the Nexus. Did not buy for bragging rights.
    Totally agree with you. BTW, I love your hat!!!
    12-20-2011 12:33 AM
    As long as the ship has cannons that fire guinea pigs, I'm down.

12-20-2011 12:39 AM
    As long as the ship has cannons that fire guinea pigs, I'm down.

Hell yes, and as long as the ship ain't no hamster popping machine......
    12-20-2011 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD