Verizon acting weird

dxcdivad

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I went into the verizon store the other day to see if they had the galaxy nexus but when I asked, both the employees started to act really weird. As soon as the words "galaxy nexus" left my mouth one of the employees tells me, "don't get it". He then started to push the droid razr onto me saying how amazing it was and how bad the nexus is. why were they acting like this?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Because the razr is the phone they are told to push sales on. Look at their name tags, signs around the store and how many razr demo units they have. When I got mine launch day the rep asked how I even knew it was released cause he only found out the same time we did. The nexus is Google's baby not Verizon's so they could care less if you want a nexus. If you buy a droid branded phone everyone knows droid is Verizon and they want it out there more. Who cares what they want you to buy play with them all and pick what you like.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My experience has been the opposite. Nothing but gushing for the Nexus at my store. This is a corporate store. Perhaps yours was an authorized reseller and they make more money on the Razr?

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
maybe because the nexus at this point is a buggy piece of crap that cant get a signal for nothing. look around at all the complaints......

I'm one of those people who am not completely satisfied with my signal strength, but to call the phone a piece of crap is an outright joke. If you don't like it, go elsewhere. Trolling this section of the forums is pretty petty.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
maybe because the nexus at this point is a buggy piece of crap that cant get a signal for nothing. look around at all the complaints......

Maybe its your carrier or location. I always have 3/4 bars indoors. Never dropped a call yet. Can you hear me now? I see some have issues but if your just going to post its a buggy piece or crap sell your crap and get something better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

whitecomet

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. Just got my nexus today.Rooted it before activation thanks to the info on our android central forum.

In terms of build quality I had a droid x yes it's not steel like the x but it is well made. My battery cover for example fits perfect. In terms poor reception my friends lg revolution will drop 4g as soon as you get on my street where my nexus is getting one bar 4g and downloads at 10mbps. Maybe the software update fixed it or it's a isolated issue like it was for a few droid bionic's when it came out.

Dunno nothing is perfect but I really think this phone is pretty damm good.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
maybe that was a bit harsh but i do actually OWN the GNEX and the RAZR . the OP asked a question and everybody was like oh well the bloat and money and this and that . when fact is the dang gnex has known issues and maybe just maybe the verizon guy was actually doing the OP a favor . its not all a big conspiracy to keep people from buying the gnex . to the OP sorry for coming across that way but to me anyway its pretty obvious that the RAZR is the better choice at this point.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
No, it's not obvious at all. I had the RAZR for a month, and I exchanged it for the Galaxy Nexus. By no means do I think the RAZR is the better phone.