Visual Voicemail

guitardedhero

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
You may have to go into My Verizon and add Visual Voicemail for $2.99/mo, that's what I had to do. You'll also likely have to call *86 to setup voicemail pin, then you'll be able to load that pin in the vvm app.

guitardedhero

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
GV seems kinda overwhelming to me, I'd rather pay to have it than not have it all, and I just don't really have the time to dive into the research. OP specifically asked about Verizon's vvm app for galaxy nexus.

dude9000

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think anyone actually used Verizon's visual voicemail? Why does Verizon charge for this knowing there are free versions out there? Does it have something my FREE Google voice doesn't?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
google voice is not very overwhelming at all. Get on your computer, go to googlevoice.com, sign in, set up google voice lite.......follow the instructions and use it....simple. (I use lite cuz i dont want to port my number and lose unlimited data)

SCampbell27

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think anyone actually used Verizon's visual voicemail? Why does Verizon charge for this knowing there are free versions out there? Does it have something my FREE Google voice doesn't?

I never knew there was another option? This is my first VZ phone.

dude9000

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I never knew there was another option? This is my first VZ phone.

Im glad you know now! Welcome to VZW! Imagine how many people VZW gets with this scam? How do they justify this charge? I can see a one time fee, but a monthly charge? I'd love to here an opinion that justifies this 3.99 a month(or whatever it is) tax on top of VZWs premium over other carriers. Does vzw still try and charge a monthly fee for games like pacman on their pseudo smartphones? Does anyone remember this? I had an LG dare that was supposed to be an iPhone killer(what a joke) that charged monthly for pacman and other simple games.

dude9000

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Do they still charge a monthly fee for the vzw navigator? I would have got an iPhone years ago if att didn't have such sub par service. Thank you google and moto for bringing the first relevant phone to vzw!

Last edited:

truthhunter

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I use GV, but for an easy visual voice mail replacement I use You Mail and love it. I think they have a free version and paid version. It's a great voicemail replacement and it will allow you to assign specific greetings to individuals, friends, family, business. Their web site contains all kinds of custom greetings you can use. I'm a big fan of the product due to its simplicity and reliability.

Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail

Also, I really like the standard greeting because it answers the caller by name using their caller id information! The generic message says something like - "I'm sorry [callers first name], but [my name] is not available right now. It cracks me up when the person leaving the message is startled to be greeted by name when theyve never called me before.