New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing - "Haxsync"

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
its under options. Then hit the three dots in the upper right. Its the ICS icon

Btw I had received a replacement phone and this app doesn't work now . At all. Thoughts?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

zzbxdo

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I apologize if it's been discussed in the past 15 or so pages, but for some contacts that are already synced with google contacts or vzw backup, how do I get the haxsync contact from fb to pop up after 3 suggestions appear? It seems like it only syncs w 3 other accounts and the rest are not appearing.

I will edit as I go through the 15 pages and find an answer now.

So going back, things i have issues that normally made sense prior results in...
Some contacts wont sync via haxsync.. even when i go to options > contacts to display > (my name) under haxsync .. as if it doesn't replicate or something. getting pretty annoying

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled FB, uninstalled haxsync reinstalled both and it says it synced but nothing.
The red haxsync button doesn't even appear under the respective contact in FB........

Why do I feel like a great concept, rushed to market for a fee, but still a beta app if that.

I really do appreciate the app when it works, but it seems to work when it feels like it.
I can only imagine what goes into writing an app and how to fix it, so while I am down on the app because it won't do anything for me, I am not down on the developer and appreciate the efforts to correct issues in this thread.

However, in the marketplace you are pointing people to this thread for support of your app.
I think then you should ask the mods to create a special developer subforum and have this app in there and comments would be in one and the other would list bug fixes, etc.

motsrox

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
tony bag o donuts: Can you send me a log of your syncing process? (Recorded via CatLog)

The new, resource-saving 1.5 release will have to wait a little, as for some reason it performs very differently on real devices than on the SDK Emulator.

zzbxdo: Some Contacts don't allow third party-apps to access their data, there's nothing I can do about that.

sexyguyry: Are you sure? Do you have your People App set to display HaxSync contacts? It's quite possible that they didn't automerge if they are called differently in FB and your phone

walid589

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
okay so two problems.. first for only ONE contact is sync the contacts first ever display picture instead of the newest.. tried resynching but nothing fixed it.. quite annoying..

secondly i had to manually link most of my contacts, and then do the 'use this picture'trick.. is there anyway to save/backup these links for when i have to clear and update?

appreciate any help

riverbum67

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Developer Question - or someone who knows

I bought the app, installed, approved on Facebook, then synced as instruction. The app seems to have synced and after it finished, I went to see what was added. It added all of my facebook names and photos to the People list on my Galaxy Nexus; however it did not get any of the phone numbers or email addresses from Facebook.

When I open the People Contact list on my phone and click on the name of a Facebook friend that was not in my phone before, I see his photo and name, but no contact info. Beneath the Haxsync connection logo, there is a "view profile" which takes me to the Facebook App, where I can click on the INFO tab and see that he does list his email and phone number there....but it is not being brought into my phone by the Haxsync app. While I am happy to get the photos, I really was expecting it to get the email addresses and phone numbers (if posted on Facebook)...but it did not.

Is it supposed sync the phone numbers and email addresses (if given on Facebook) to my phone's People Contact list? Or just the photos?

Suggestions?

dortok

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Developer Question - or someone who knows

I bought the app, installed, approved on Facebook, then synced as instruction. The app seems to have synced and after it finished, I went to see what was added. It added all of my facebook names and photos to the People list on my Galaxy Nexus; however it did not get any of the phone numbers or email addresses from Facebook.

When I open the People Contact list on my phone and click on the name of a Facebook friend that was not in my phone before, I see his photo and name, but no contact info. Beneath the Haxsync connection logo, there is a "view profile" which takes me to the Facebook App, where I can click on the INFO tab and see that he does list his email and phone number there....but it is not being brought into my phone by the Haxsync app. While I am happy to get the photos, I really was expecting it to get the email addresses and phone numbers (if posted on Facebook)...but it did not.

Is it supposed sync the phone numbers and email addresses (if given on Facebook) to my phone's People Contact list? Or just the photos?

Suggestions?

I believe 3rd party apps don't have access to the contact info.

motsrox

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
riverbum67, dortok correctly answered your question.

1.5 should be live on the market any second now, sorry for the delay. It should fix all battery/data issues (first sync with 1.5 is still resource heavy, but from the second sync on, it should use way less resources).

I've also included a fuzziness option for syncing contacts with slightly different FB/phone names.

Everyone who's experienced issues with the older versions, try 1.5 and tell me if it fixes them. Major parts of the code have been rewritten.

haigdaniel

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey Motsrox, looks good i am just syncing my contacts now and works excellent.

Taking Feature requests?
1. Sync Contacts Pictures and/or Sync Status, not everyone wants the status but we all want pictures!!
2. Check mark for a sync frequency of manual only. so we can sync when we want.

Thanks for a great App!

amc20

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Motsrox, great app and great updates! I was wondering if you could create 2 separate options for how often a picture is updated and how often FB status are updated. I would like to update pictures less often (considering data usage) and status updates more often. I understand you created a "wifi only" feature but I and looking to save battery as well. This would be a great addition IMO.

Also a question for you. I after I do the initial sync and join all contacts is there anyway I can pull individual contacts from Haxsync to my People (for example when I create a new contact and want their picture FB included)? If I sync contacts again with the "sync contacts only" preference checked would it repopulate my already-synced contacts? I'm trying to avoid the headache of deleting duclicate contacts. Thanks for the help!

romvahav

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
hi,
I just bought this app and I want to know if you can add the option to manual sync.
I have contacts on phone in hebrew and their facebook accounts is in english.
i am not a person who buy a lot apps so i want to feel that there is value for my money.

haigdaniel

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
hi,
I just bought this app and I want to know if you can add the option to manual sync.
i am not a person who buy a lot apps so i want to feel that there is value for my money.

If you read through the thread, you will encounter posts on how to manual sync your contacts. The functionality is already there.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
hi,

You can do this yourself. Go into SETTINGS > ACCOUNTS & SYNC > HAXSYNC. Uncheck Sync contacts. You're now in manual. If you want to sync just check the "sync" checkbox and it starts syncing immediately.

tdiebold

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I've read through the entire thread a few times now and I am still not seeing the answer on how to manually sync contacts.

A lot of my friends have gotten married, so they now have FIRST MAIDEN MARRIED names, in that order.

In my phone I keep them as FIRST MARRIED names. I have the option for "Very Strong - May sync lots of unwanted contacts" under Fuzziness enabled.

This does not bring the contacts pictures in.

I currently do NOT have my Facebook app set to sync with my contacts. Do I need this enabled?

I would like a way for me to go to my Facebook contact with FIRST MAIDEN MARRIED name and add that person's image to sync via Haxsync with my FIRST MARRIED contact name. Can this be done? If so, can someone please spell out the steps?

Example:

Name on Facebook: Ashley Richardson Jones
Name on Phone: Ashley Jones

Problem: Ashley Richardson Jones' Facebook picture does not sync with 'Ashley Jones' in People app via Haxsync (or any other method for that matter), even with Very Strong on Fuzziness enabled.

Solution: Can you please help me here?

Johnbibbs

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I've read through the entire thread a few times now and I am still not seeing the answer on how to manually sync contacts.

A lot of my friends have gotten married, so they now have FIRST MAIDEN MARRIED names, in that order.

In my phone I keep them as FIRST MARRIED names. I have the option for "Very Strong - May sync lots of unwanted contacts" under Fuzziness enabled.

This does not bring the contacts pictures in.

I currently do NOT have my Facebook app set to sync with my contacts. Do I need this enabled?

I would like a way for me to go to my Facebook contact with FIRST MAIDEN MARRIED name and add that person's image to sync via Haxsync with my FIRST MARRIED contact name. Can this be done? If so, can someone please spell out the steps?

Example:

Name on Facebook: Ashley Richardson Jones
Name on Phone: Ashley Jones

Problem: Ashley Richardson Jones' Facebook picture does not sync with 'Ashley Jones' in People app via Haxsync (or any other method for that matter), even with Very Strong on Fuzziness enabled.

Solution: Can you please help me here?

Go to the contact that you want to sync manually > Menu > Edit > Menu > Join and then find the contact from Facebook that you want to sync that address book entry with.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

tdiebold

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Go to the contact that you want to sync manually > Menu > Edit > Menu > Join and then find the contact from Facebook that you want to sync that address book entry with.

In order to do this I am guessing I am required to sync my Facebook contacts?

I have the person's phone # backed up to my gmail account. I do not have them on any social networking service other than Facebook.

Haxsync will not pull them in due to the name differences.

When I attempt the method you have listed, there are not multiple entries, so I cannot join any contacts.

EDIT:

I guess to add even more to this post:

I went ahead and enabled Facebook Sync with contacts. It synced data, but would not sync pictures (this I expected). My contacts were automatically joined. However, no image still shows. Haxsync still fails to pull in the Facebook image - this is where my concern lies.

Last edited:

Johnbibbs

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
In order to do this I am guessing I am required to sync my Facebook contacts?

I have the person's phone # backed up to my gmail account. I do not have them on any social networking service other than Facebook.

Haxsync will not pull them in due to the name differences.

When I attempt the method you have listed, there are not multiple entries, so I cannot join any contacts.

EDIT:

I guess to add even more to this post:

I went ahead and enabled Facebook Sync with contacts. It synced data, but would not sync pictures (this I expected). My contacts were automatically joined. However, no image still shows. Haxsync still fails to pull in the Facebook image - this is where my concern lies.

It works fine for myself and many others. Maybe email the dev for support? I can't remember if my pics showed immediately the first time or if it had to process a little.