New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing - "Haxsync"

2000army

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Just found this on Droid Life and bought it for $0.99

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.mots.haxsync

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/12/1...ur-galaxy-nexus-try-these-tips/#disqus_thread

Works great getting Hi Res pics finally!

UPDATE:

Step by Step instructions on how to install/use app:

1. Go to Market on your phone or Online and get app "Haxsync". https://market.android.com/details?id=org.mots.haxsync
NOTE: When app is done installing it DOES NOT show up as an app. (go to next step)
2. Go to your phone (not Facebook) Settings > Accounts & Sync
3. Click on Haxsync
4. Follow instructions (should take you to Facebook and make you login to pull the contacts). Accept Permissions
5. Merge your contacts by joining some that have different names in your phone than on Facebook
6. ???
7. Profit!

Last edited:

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing

you can chose it to show just your google contacts and than it should automatically sync to facebook through the app but you might have to manually link them

FluxTZ

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

for some reason after I purchase the app through my phone it doesn't download - get stuck at the Starting Download part...

any help/suggestions?

Tried restarting my phone but it still gets stuck.

Last edited:

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site

I downloaded haxsync. It put all my FB contacts in my phonebook. But i chose to only display my google contacts. Then manually linked all them together. Problem solved. Well worth the 99 cents.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

for some reason after I purchase the app through my phone it doesn't download - get stuck at the Starting Download part...

any help/suggestions?

Tried restarting my phone but it still gets stuck.

Having the same problem. I actually tried purchasing and installing it from the Android Market website. I see it under My Apps as trying to download but it never finishes (no progress bar either).

You can clear out the market and download manager cache through the App manager. However, not even after doing this can I download and install the app. Not sure what the problem is, my data connection seems fine otherwise.

Note: I can download and install other apps from the market just fine. How perplexing!

mofazfaz

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

I downloaded haxsync. It put all my FB contacts in my phonebook. But i chose to only display my google contacts. Then manually linked all them together. Problem solved. Well worth the 99 cents.

I have it set to just view my google contacts as well. But how do you manually merge the contacts? Can't seem to figure that one out.

FluxTZ

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Having the same problem. I actually tried purchasing and installing it from the Android Market website. I see it under My Apps as trying to download but it never finishes (no progress bar either).

You can clear out the market and download manager cache through the App manager. However, not even after doing this can I download and install the app. Not sure what the problem is, my data connection seems fine otherwise.

Note: I can download and install other apps from the market just fine. How perplexing!

Ha, I've tried all the things you attempted as well to no avail. I just e-mailed Google about it. Hopefully I hear back soon.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

Won't the pictures just return to being all pixelated after your Google Contacts sync to Google's server?

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

I have it set to just view my google contacts as well. But how do you manually merge the contacts? Can't seem to figure that one out.

To merge contact just go to the second contact and hit the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner. Select edit, then hit the 3 dots again in upper corner then hit join. Search who you would like to join with and then your done!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis