New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing - "Haxsync"

haigdaniel

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
so guys dumb question... do i need to have facebook installed on the phone for this to work? or will it just sync my contacts with my facebook account without the need of facebook app?

thanks!

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
so guys dumb question... do i need to have facebook installed on the phone for this to work? or will it just sync my contacts with my facebook account without the need of facebook app?

thanks!

not dumb at all.
I don't think you do.
It asks you if you will allow it permission to access your FB account in general when setting this app up.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I got any easier way to sync facebook contacts to your contacts list, but it won't be hi res but at least there well be a face next to there name .. Grab it well you can cuz this app has been removed back in the droid og days. Ok enough talking here it is
http://db.tt/5F6Kk9JL

Btw it's called facebook sync

I think posting APk's that are not in the market violate AC's TOS. Not sure.

Last edited:

mozy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I found this app used a ton of battery. I synced up my contacts then took it off auto sync, maybe I'll put it back on auto sync periodically. I wish they had an option to sync only on the charger.

Reactions: garryweil

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I found this app used a ton of battery. I synced up my contacts then took it off auto sync, maybe I'll put it back on auto sync periodically. I wish they had an option to sync only on the charger.

It used to have that option but then the dev got rid of it because it wasn't working properly. I'm sure it'll be back, though. I just keep it unchecked and every day or so I'll just have it sync when I'm on wifi.

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

thanks!

As per the instructions - yes.

HaxSync allows you to sync your Facebook friends with your Android 4.0 device! This gives you an experience similar to the Google+ one, complete with status-updates and high-resolution contact images in the People App!

How to use:
1.) Install official Facebook App.
2.) Go to System Settings => Accounts & Sync (Android Settings, not Facebook App Settings).
3.) Click "Add Account" => HaxSync.
4.) Click "Authorize HaxSync".
5.) Confirm Authorization
6.) Wait for HaxSync to finish syncing.
7.) You should now see your Facebook contacts in the Android "People"-App.

If you have problems/suggestions, please post here instead of giving a bad rating (I can't answer your market ratings, so I can't help you with your problem): http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...pp-facebook-hi-res-photo-syncing-haxsync.html

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
As per the instructions - yes.

Really?
When I ran the installation it actually opened to a web browser and went from there.

Installed app, which then opened the browser to link FB (this was before I had the app installed)
Then I followed the rest below.
2.) Go to System Settings => Accounts & Sync (Android Settings, not Facebook App Settings).
3.) Click "Add Account" => HaxSync.
4.) Click "Authorize HaxSync".
5.) Confirm Authorization
6.) Wait for HaxSync to finish syncing.
7.) You should now see your Facebook contacts in the Android "People"-App.

Last edited:

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
So is this ever going to be integrated in ICS? I seem to remember contact picture syncing wasn't a problem on my OG, and was pretty shocked to see it isn't in ICS.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
So is this ever going to be integrated in ICS? I seem to remember contact picture syncing wasn't a problem on my OG, and was pretty shocked to see it isn't in ICS.

They basically disabled the API that Facebook was using due to the fact that they're competitors now. When the OG came out, they weren't yet competitors.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
They basically disabled the API that Facebook was using due to the fact that they're competitors now. When the OG came out, they weren't yet competitors.

I find it interesting that they are competitors with Facebook but aren't competitors with Twitter. Google has to know that there are more people using Facebook than Google+. I say they update the phone to allow us to sync our Facebook contacts but if Google+ is able to take the lead when it comes to the social media battle then disable the Facebook integration. Either do it that way or disable the Twitter integration as well.

eg_71

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I've bought and installed this app without problems. It synchronizes just fine, but isn't it suppose to synchronize phone numbers as well?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You sure thats the reason? Never had an issue with the incredible. I thought the resolution wasbthebissue.

Were you running sense? Manufacturers still have that functionality built into their skins and I believe Google didn't disable it until 2.3. Basically, Facebook was the only one allowed to use that API, but once it was disabled it seems Facebook didn't bother to use a different API like the one Twitter and other apps use. I'll see if I can find the article I read about this.
Also, to the guy above me, it doesn't sync phone numbers. Just pictures and status updates.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/22/...c-in-facebook-for-android-only-nexus/?m=false

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Were you running sense? Manufacturers still have that functionality built into their skins and I believe Google didn't disable it until 2.3. Basically, Facebook was the only one allowed to use that API, but once it was disabled it seems Facebook didn't bother to use a different API like the one Twitter and other apps use. I'll see if I can find the article I read about this.
Also, to the guy above me, it doesn't sync phone numbers. Just pictures and status updates.
Google disables contact sync in Facebook for Android, but only Nexus S for now -- Engadget

Yes but then rooted and got rid of sense.

tommyzed

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded... it seems to sync ok, but the "UPDATES" section in the People App only shows a single update per person. And it's usually a very old update. For many contacts, no updates show (only Google+ updates).

If the user has NO Google+ profile, but does have the HaxSync FB profile, the "UPDATES" section does not show AT ALL.

Seems like it's very buggy right now.

best,
tz

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE