New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing - "Haxsync"

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
If a contact changes their Facebook profile picture and I resync, the picture doesn't show up. I have to manually select the contact, remove the picture, and save it. As soon as I do that, the updated picture appears. Surely this isn't how it is designed to work, is it?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Sinergie

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Version 2.3.0 was just uploaded to the Play Store, here's the changelog:
- Fixed bug where "Me"-Contact wouldn't get updated.

The "Me"-Contact picture is still not getting updated. I'm using the latest version and tried disabling and again enabling the "Me"-Contact option, but to no avail.

I see the new picture very small in the bottom of the screen when editing my own contact information, but in the people app and SMS app the old picture keeps being displayed.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
The "Me"-Contact picture is still not getting updated. I'm using the latest version and tried disabling and again enabling the "Me"-Contact option, but to no avail.

I see the new picture very small in the bottom of the screen when editing my own contact information, but in the people app and SMS app the old picture keeps being displayed.

I have noticed this too, but what I think is happening is that the People App in ICS defaults to showing your Google+ profile picture, not your FB picture. Even though I can see that HaxSync is linked to the Me account, the picture that is displayed is my Google+ profile picture.

Sinergie

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed this too, but what I think is happening is that the People App in ICS defaults to showing your Google+ profile picture, not your FB picture. Even though I can see that HaxSync is linked to the Me account, the picture that is displayed is my Google+ profile picture.

I have not setup a Google+ account on my phone, so that can't be what's happening in my case. There is no picture linked to my Gmail account either.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have not setup a Google+ account on my phone, so that can't be what's happening in my case. There is no picture linked to my Gmail account either.

Have you tried going in to the Me contact, removing the picture and then clicking save? When any of my contacts update their FB profile picture, I have to manually do this to get the contact to update with the new picture. Once I remove the picture, and back out of the contact, the new picture appears. Worth a try.

JollyRoger

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I deleted HaxSync from the Accounts & Sync list. I put it back when I realized all my contacts in the People section were gone. I added it back, synced and nothing. It didn't sync any of my FB contacts. I went in to settings and saw that the Only Sync Contacts box was still unchecked. For kicks and giggles I checked it off and went and the Additional Friends to Sync popped up. I clicked it and now it seems I choose all of them individually to sync to my phone. Is this the right way now?

When I first DL'ed HaxSync, all I had to do was uncheck sync Only Contacts, sync again and they were all there. I go into the People section, click Contacts to Display, click All Contacts and still I get nothing.

I'm on a 4.0.4 Nexus, completely stock.

Sinergie

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried going in to the Me contact, removing the picture and then clicking save? When any of my contacts update their FB profile picture, I have to manually do this to get the contact to update with the new picture. Once I remove the picture, and back out of the contact, the new picture appears. Worth a try.

I had looked in the "me" contact, but I didn't see an option to remove the current HaxSync profile picture?

coax_k

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

Just bought and installed Haxsync on my new HTC One XL, followed instructions, installed and authorised etc. Did first sync and all looks to have gone OK except absolutely zero contacts or pictures from FB have synced over to the phone.
Haxsync sync shows up under people app but there are just zero people synced form my FB account.
Any thoughts?

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

Just bought and installed Haxsync on my new HTC One XL, followed instructions, installed and authorised etc. Did first sync and all looks to have gone OK except absolutely zero contacts or pictures from FB have synced over to the phone.
Haxsync sync shows up under people app but there are just zero people synced form my FB account.
Any thoughts?

Really dont need this app for an Sense based phone. Sense will take care of syncing all the FB info to contacts. One thing I miss about my Rezound...

aman1127

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Really dont need this app for an Sense based phone. Sense will take care of syncing all the FB info to contacts. One thing I miss about my Rezound...

Sense 4.0 doesnt have fb for sense like Sense 1-3.6, there is nothing yet for ICS on any device including touchwiz and motoblur. I cant wait to get a new device to really see how awesome this app is.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Sense 4.0 doesnt have fb for sense like Sense 1-3.6, there is nothing yet for ICS on any device including touchwiz and motoblur. I cant wait to get a new device to really see how awesome this app is.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Well I imagine its only a matter of time before someone figures it out.

Sinergie

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
@motsrox

Could you please look into "Fixed bug where "Me"-Contact wouldn't get updated", because it doesn't seem fixed. Everytime I sync my old profile picture is being kept (screenshot) and when I go into my profile and select edit, it shows the new profile picture (screenshot). Somehow it doesn't replace the old profile picture?

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
having problems syncing. i've noticed in the people app, some people have a "connections" section where haxsync appears while most dont. Some in particular dont have this "connections" with haxsync and the fb names and my contact names are exactly the same so its not a pairing issue.

Even the ones with the "connections" never show the fb status and I know that is checked.

cleared cache and data have done nothing.

itandy

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I recently upgraded to a HTC Sense 4 lite ROM. Using the default People app, contact picture is still using a low-res version (I removed picture from Google contact already). But if I edit the contact, re-select again the HaxSync picture and hit save, then it seems to be able to load the high-res picture again. But I have to do this for every contact.

Anyone else using Sense 4 / 4 lite has this issue?

Rubman86

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I recently upgraded to a HTC Sense 4 lite ROM. Using the default People app, contact picture is still using a low-res version (I removed picture from Google contact already). But if I edit the contact, re-select again the HaxSync picture and hit save, then it seems to be able to load the high-res picture again. But I have to do this for every contact.

Anyone else using Sense 4 / 4 lite has this issue?

Not in this particular Rom but on my sensation running insertcoin I'm having the exact same issue sense doesn't allow haxsync to be used as a default contact picture.

Sent from my Sensation Z710e using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski