New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing - "Haxsync"

filly444

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I followed all the instructions, allowed app to authorize and it shows up correctly in accounts, but it doesn't pull any info from fb on my contacts. Tried every combo of deleting. Seems like other people are having these issues on new roms. I'm on complex black ROM

Sinergie

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
@motsrox

Could you please look into "Fixed bug where "Me"-Contact wouldn't get updated", because it doesn't seem fixed. Everytime I sync my old profile picture is being kept (screenshot) and when I go into my profile and select edit, it shows the new profile picture (screenshot). Somehow it doesn't replace the old profile picture?

Seems like the latest update to version 2.3.5 fixed this issue, because after the update and syncing, my "Me" profile picture finally changed :D

Great job :cool:

itandy

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I recently upgraded to a HTC Sense 4 lite ROM. Using the default People app, contact picture is still using a low-res version (I removed picture from Google contact already). But if I edit the contact, re-select again the HaxSync picture and hit save, then it seems to be able to load the high-res picture again. But I have to do this for every contact.

Latest version fixed this problem too! Great job!

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Yep the most recent update seems to have fixed the issues. My issue was poor quality pics on all contacts and that's good now.

itandy

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Some of my friends had just changed their photo in Facebook. HaxSync can show their new pictures but in low-res. Need to manually edit the contact and save to show high-res photo. Appreciated if it can be fixed too. I'm using Sense 4a ROM.

RogerSilva

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Nexus GSM with 4.0.4 build IMM76I and HaxSync 2.3.5c.
Since the last HaxSync update, every time that It tries to synchronize
it gives me the following error: "invalid response from facebook"
Then, I touch on the HaxSync message "Touch to give permissions" in
Android notification area and nothing happens.
Please, what should I do to fix this issue?

thanks in advance,
Roger

Reactions: pryanni

SuperMarioVT

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
how can I manually link a contact on my phone to their Facebook profile?

for example 2 people on my contact list it didn't sync with their profile and for one person it linked to wrong profile... how can I manually fix the links?

Thank you
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

itandy

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
how can I manually link a contact on my phone to their Facebook profile?

for example 2 people on my contact list it didn't sync with their profile and for one person it linked to wrong profile... how can I manually fix the links?

Thank you

For me I have to totally disable Fuzziness. Otherwise, there'll be too many mismatch. For your problem, just remove the link in Android contact list and join them again manually. (I forgot the exact terms because I'm now using Sense ROM which is a bit different)

stimr2

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Recent update has broken the app for me. When the phone is rebooted the app isn't loaded. It actually disappears from Accounts in Settings. Reviews on Google Play have also stated this problem.

Last edited:

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Nexus GSM with 4.0.4 build IMM76I and HaxSync 2.3.5c.
Since the last HaxSync update, every time that It tries to synchronize
it gives me the following error: "invalid response from facebook"
Then, I touch on the HaxSync message "Touch to give permissions" in
Android notification area and nothing happens.
Please, what should I do to fix this issue?

thanks in advance,
Roger

Same issue every now and then. It went away for awhile and now its back...

KidCuda

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Recent update has broken the app for me. When the phone is rebooted the app isn't loaded. It actually disappears from Accounts in Settings. Reviews on Google Play have also stated this problem.

Happens to me on Jelly Bean (Jelly Belly 3.3)

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I use Facebook contact Sync now. Since updates Haxsync has been acting up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

reggier14

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Haxsync has been acting up for the last week on my stock VZW NGnex (android 4.0.4). Right now I'm running Haxsync v2.3.8. Haxsync force closes any time contacts or the calendar attempts to sync- both for scheduled updates and forced updates. I know there was a corrupt APK before. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall? I've been hesitant to do that because I don't want to go through and re-link the accounts and photos.

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
The app has been acting up for me too. Using JB, Bugless Beast Rom. It continues to sync and no does not turn off like other accounts while using the Auto Sync.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I stopped using this app. Facebook contact Sync is better and more reliable

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

viniciusrsouza

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi there guys!

The app is running fine here and downloading high quality Facebook contacts pictures, but their profile statuses don't show up!

The status sync option is indeed checked. I thought that maybe it was due to the fact so many data is downloaded in the first time (high resolution pictures) and tried to force sync again, but still no friends statuses!

Any workaround or suggestions?

Lior Messer

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
When you click on a contact, give it some some time until their FB data shows up. It maybe quite slow at first, just wait.

Enviado de meu GT-P7510 usando o Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463