Well I got a little scratch in the corner of the screen

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
So it isn't scratch proof. So I'm wondering, I mean I'm super anal about this kind of stuff so I know Verizon won't see it. Should I return it and get a new one ? I was going to get the steinhill flex screen protector but there sold out right now. The steinhills are usually clear and invisible and are bubble free. Any one know of better one's than those? I made this thread to let everyone know that the phone can easily get scratched so those going naked should worry. I also had a hot reboot today, and I dropped a call well the other person couldn't hear me and I could hear them just like the droid charge. Well any advice would be nice.For some reason I can't stop worrying about it, I think I'm a little ocd. I wish that I could just let the phone be how it is and not worry about it like I did with Samsung fascinate and original droid. You couldn't scratch those beast. I think they put that anti glare coating on all the new phones and it makes them scratch easy. :'(

wysiwygg

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
We now know more about you now..

you are both super anal and ethically challenged..

"Verizon won't see it. Should I return it and get a new one "

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
So it isn't scratch proof. So I'm wondering, I mean I'm super anal about this kind of stuff so I know Verizon won't see it. Should I return it and get a new one ? I was going to get the steinhill flex screen protector but there sold out right now. The steinhills are usually clear and invisible and are bubble free. Any one know of better one's than those? I made this thread to let everyone know that the phone can easily get scratched so those going naked should worry. I also had a hot reboot today, and I dropped a call well the other person couldn't hear me and I could hear them just like the droid charge. Well any advice would be nice.For some reason I can't stop worrying about it, I think I'm a little ocd. I wish that I could just let the phone be how it is and not worry about it like I did with Samsung fascinate and original droid. You couldn't scratch those beast. I think they put that anti glare coating on all the new phones and it makes them scratch easy. :'(

for the love of god. please read your post to yourself! do you see anything wrong with it?

i have an idea for you. next time you buy a $300 phone that you are going to be super anal about, dont be an idiot and put a damn screen protector on it!!! why should VZW and lower down the chain, all of us, suffer because you scratched your phone. OMG, this is seriously one of my biggest pet peaves on this sight. there are lots of forum members here that wont hesitate to abuse VZW return policy. get over it, you screwed up by scratching your phone, be a big boy about it!

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
they did a scratch test on these phones..... curious as well

They didn't test sand, dirt etc that can scratch a screen much easier than keys. imo those scratch tests are pretty much useless and only give people a false sense of security.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Glass ALWAYS scratches. Sand, hard metals, whatever. I would like to see those pics as well, and as smooth as the glass is, the scratch should easily show. I am still not protecting it. I haven't had a screen protector in years...not going to start now.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
You want to return a phone because you damaged it? Guys like you eventually ruin it for the rest of it. This is the reason why so many companies are tightening their return policies (and why Verizon now charges for returns). Don't abuse the policy and make it harder for all of us in the future.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure how it happend, seems like it was sand or dirt. Its really small and in the corner of the screen. I also watched the scatch test, thought it would be tough as my orginal droid or fascinate. You guys judge so hard on here. I paid 300 bucks for this phone and signed a two year contract. So i have the right to be happy with my phone. The way you guys act i should return it and hope it screws you guys over. So is the xo skins really good and are they hard to put on? Also does it cover the entire screen? Not all of you were being mean just a few of you.

Reactions: RHnsly88

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
You guys judge so hard on here. I paid 300 bucks for this phone and signed a two year contract. So i have the right to be happy with my phone.

This is off topic but it's great example of the "entitlement mentality" that's becoming a cancer in our great nation. This guy has a "right" to stick it someone else.

It's naive, it's offensive, and it's sad.

Reactions: Jet300 and Qazme

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
how are we judging you to hard? you are being unscrupulous! it is not VZWs fault that you scratched your screen. why would you make them take back a phone and suffer the financial responsibility because you were irresponsible? People buy $300,000 Ferraris, they may take a curb to sharp and damage a rim, they dont take them back to the dealer and try to get new ones!! You feel that spending $300 justifies fraud.