Reply All in Text Messages?

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Reply All in Text Messages?????

This an is odd feature to lack on any email app, I have a group of friends that push interesting stuff around that often requires comment, and the first couple of days was a pain until I found the three little dots in the email address had "Reply to All" as a choice. What are guys using as an email provider? Is that why you don't have the choice is because you are not using Gmail? I don't have G+ , and I am not likely to either even though it prompts me constantly to set up G+ for my email. I know I don't have G+ because one of my accounts is from my work which switched to Google for Apps and email but is specifically blocking G+.

We are talking about mass texting not email.

gigajoe84

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hey, I had a Bionic and Reply all group worked pretty good. Basically it fell in the toilet, and got a little messed up, and had to go to the Droid X, and ordered a Galaxy Nexus. The Droid X doesn't have that feature you are looking for, but I found a VZ app that does. It is Verizon Messages. It isn't the prettiest app, but using and replying to a group works great. Friends don't need to sign up or download anything special.
In the app description, it says the Nexus isn't supported yet, but should be soon. Keep an eye out for it in the market, and if you want to see if it works before it is officially released for the Galaxy, let me know and I'll back it up and send it to you.
Also if you are on Wifi or a mobile hotspot, you can sync and send messages from a tablet.

Last edited:

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I had a Bionic and Reply all group worked pretty good. Basically it fell in the toilet, and got a little messed up, and had to go to the Droid X, and ordered a Galaxy Nexus. The Droid X doesn't have that feature you are looking for, but I found a VZ app that does. It is Verizon Messages. It isn't the prettiest app, but using and replying to a group works great. Friends don't need to sign up or download anything special.
In the app description, it says the Nexus isn't supported yet, but should be soon. Keep an eye out for it in the market, and if you want to see if it works before it is officially released for the Galaxy, let me know and I'll back it up and send it to you.
Also if you are on Wifi or a mobile hotspot, you can sync and send messages from a tablet.

I am assuming only verizon customers can access this and everyone would have to download a new app...not a great solution

oresteez

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I think this is an ICS issue also.

I used to be able to do it on my Droid Incredible.
I could even look at the properties of the message and see everyone who was included on the message.

I can't do either of those things on the Nexus now....
How can we get this on Google's radar to fix this?

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I think this is an ICS issue also.

I used to be able to do it on my Droid Incredible.
I could even look at the properties of the message and see everyone who was included on the message.

I can't do either of those things on the Nexus now....
How can we get this on Google's radar to fix this?

You can view details of the message. When in the message thread, long press and hit view details

rlb81

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Since people are replying that "X HTC" phone and "Y Motorola" phone were able do this I'm guessing it's additional functionality that was added in the Sense and Blur skins. Maybe there is some sort of patenting issue which prevents Google from including this function natively? I was running a vanilla ROM on my DroidX (using the vanilla SMS app) and wasn't able to reply all in a mass text. I can't remember what it was like with my OG Droid, but I'm guessing I couldn't do it then either.

One way or the other, you can't control what people send to you, only how you reply back. I'll take a look at the VZW app, but add me to the list of people who would like to see mass texts threaded in the native AOSP app.

oresteez

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
You can view details of the message. When in the message thread, long press and hit view details

Yep, you can view the details..
But it doesn't tell you who the text was sent to.
If it was a mass text, I would have been able to figure that out on my last phone. Now I can't.
(and in turn, reply to all..)

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
If it was a mass text, I would have been able to figure that out on my last phone. Now I can't.

Yup -- I can't reply all. Has anyone figured out how? My friends with their iphones are laughing at me because I can't reply all to their MMS messages. I keep telling them it's probably just a setting but here I am on the forum trying to find an answer and it seems there is none.

atlharry

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Question... can iPhones and BB group text each other?

If not, I'm guessing that this isn't an SMS/MMS issue, but rather more like a difference in apps (with the understanding that those apps are built in on the other phones)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

i long pressed a text that i knew was a mass text...went to details...lo and behold it showed me all the phone numbers the text was sent to. so yeah it tells you who it was sent to.....

edit: i guess it was only for a mms

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Question... can iPhones and BB group text each other?

If not, I'm guessing that this isn't an SMS/MMS issue, but rather more like a difference in apps (with the understanding that those apps are built in on the other phones)

Yes read post #17.

Him and his friends had bb's and they got iPhones and he was able to post in a chat room sort of style.

Other members with different types of android devices can make it work too....

atlharry

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Now they all got iphones and me the gnex and communication is a pain.

CynicX -

Where in that message do you see a mixture of BB and iPhone? Now let someone with first hand experience answer.

The other android phones also have "apps" that allow this.

scils8

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone I downloaded the Verizon app and its exactly what I was looking for group text works perfectly and keeps all texts in one thread if this has been a problem for you I definitely recommend this app.

playa1257

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting SDK initialization error with it. Are you on custom rom or stock OS?

I am using stock OS

Hey everyone I downloaded the Verizon app and its exactly what I was looking for group text works perfectly and keeps all texts in one thread if this has been a problem for you I definitely recommend this app.

I am glad this works for you, but I am unable to use this app because it makes me want to vomit, that is how ugly it is.

rlb81

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Yup -- I can't reply all. Has anyone figured out how? My friends with their iphones are laughing at me because I can't reply all to their MMS messages. I keep telling them it's probably just a setting but here I am on the forum trying to find an answer and it seems there is none.

Just show them how you can change your wallpaper, or let pandora play in the background while you check your email. Or how you can wipe and sync your device from the cloud, no computer needed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie