Gnex won't make playlists available offline

MedioGringo

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been scouring the net trying to find an answer to this, but the best info I can find is that Google Music should have the ability to make playlists available offline, but that option is not showing up on my Nexus. I have an option to make albums or artists available, but not playlists. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone on a 4.0.3 rom NOT seeing having this issue?

It's really annoying. One of the great things about Google Music is that I can make a playlists on my PC at work and have all of it available for my offline subway trip home.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been scouring the net trying to find an answer to this, but the best info I can find is that Google Music should have the ability to make playlists available offline, but that option is not showing up on my Nexus. I have an option to make albums or artists available, but not playlists. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone on a 4.0.3 rom NOT seeing having this issue?

It's really annoying. One of the great things about Google Music is that I can make a playlists on my PC at work and have all of it available for my offline subway trip home.

Did you load your music you already had and it was stored on the google server instead of your phone?

Wheels309

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure, I had the option of making my playlists available offline. If you long select the playlist, the option should come up. I'm pretty sure you have to be on wifi for them to DL though

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Im not liking that if thats true.....................
Seems like if you load your music you already have on your
phone it should be on your phone available anytime u like.

MedioGringo

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Not sure, I had the option of making my playlists available offline. If you long select the playlist, the option should come up. I'm pretty sure you have to be on wifi for them to DL though

I'm on wifi. When I long press the playlist the only option that comes up is "play". Some of the music on the playlist is available offline, some is not. I selected "offline music only" to double check. FYI I'm trying to make my Thumbs Up playlist available offline.

I wonder if I can only make a playlist offline if all of the music is currently online only?

Did you load your music you already had and it was stored on the google server instead of your phone?

Yeah, most of the tracks in my Thumbs Up playlist is on Google's servers, some are on my phone.

MedioGringo

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok I figured it out.

Pro Tip: You can NOT make auto playlists available offline. I made a new playlist, drug all my "Thumbs Up" music to that playlist, then made it available offline.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok I figured it out.

Pro Tip: You can NOT make auto playlists available offline. I made a new playlist, drug all my "Thumbs Up" music to that playlist, then made it available offline.

Ohhhh ok, so meaning let the player decide you playlist you cannot do it offline, but if you do it yourself u are ok? Great thanks

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I had to make a playlist to try it and it can be made available offline. Well looks like you had to do a little extra work but it ended well :)

2010BmwM3

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I was having this same issue. The only way I could get it to work was by playing one of the songs I was trying to make offline. It would start to sync that album, stop, then I'd have to play another song to keep it going. I was utterly pissed.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
See I'm definitely going to try and play with my tab tonight. But I did read in a post that music/media
stored directly on the device is able to be accessed faster than if it were read off of an SD card.
So I'm going to have to see what best suits me. Because I have coem to the point as many of you have that we use our phones for more than just phones.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary