Galaxy Nexus: System UI has stopped working?

2010BmwM3

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to put a wallpaper on my phone, then all of a sudden the screen just goes black and say the system UI has stopped working. I hit OK and it continues to pop up. WTF?

Last edited by a moderator:

travva

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: System UI has stopped working?

reboot the phone by removing the battery. it's likely just a bug, though it could be some app you installed as well.

2010BmwM3

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

reboot the phone by removing the battery. it's likely just a bug, though it could be some app you installed as well.

Did that and removed the app I installed ASAP. I'm completely new to Android and was pissed for a bit lol.

seafoam_green

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

same thing happened to be, but i've noticed that it only happens when I change my wallpaper using the Wallbase app.

my workaround was that i rebooted the cellphone (the default nexus wallpaper is set after this). i then tried changing wallpaper using the Gallery (Wallbase automatically saves the wallpaper in the gallery) or Live Wallpapers, and both seem to work.

so i think that the bug is in the Wallbase app... hopefully.

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

the bug is definitely in wallbase. had probs with that apps on several phones. it is the best wallpaper app out there, but seriously buggy too.

what i do is, get the wallpaper i want from it, then uninstall it.

bonds1212

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
same thing happened to be, but i've noticed that it only happens when I change my wallpaper using the Wallbase app.

my workaround was that i rebooted the cellphone (the default nexus wallpaper is set after this). i then tried changing wallpaper using the Gallery (Wallbase automatically saves the wallpaper in the gallery) or Live Wallpapers, and both seem to work.

so i think that the bug is in the Wallbase app... hopefully.

Same thing happening here when wallpaper is changed through zedge widget.. guess it's got to do with how you change the wallpaper

Running: Ics 4.04 on s2 hd lte

Freekydink

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

System UI stop working is an app i deleted everthing in my and i sd card it rebooted and everything went back to normble and it even fix my rotated screen proplem too, But u will lose everthing so backit up on another device and angry birds if u lose it go to file browser touch media and u can but it back on you tablet. hope i was alittle help in helping someone. thxs

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

System UI stop working is an app i deleted everthing in my and i sd card it rebooted and everything went back to normble and it even fix my rotated screen proplem too, But u will lose everthing so backit up on another device and angry birds if u lose it go to file browser touch media and u can but it back on you tablet. hope i was alittle help in helping someone. thxs

You probably don't need to do that ;). I've had it crash. I just hit the power button, wait for the lockscreen, then boom, softkeys back again a few moments later.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site

Factory reset fixed my problem. Backgrounds and Wallpapers app did it for me.

Posted via Android Central App

Imtinan . A

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

Why is everyone reseting thier phone? :$ dont do that u will just lose data, just to get rid of this go to application manager and uninstall the application named 'System UI' , dont worry guys its fake, after uninstalling that you will see many icons on ur home screen, they will be juat icons, just remove them and you have solved the priblem. I guess its a virus app which is downliaded with some application and bombs your devuce with advertisements

fely coyle

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

Hi , I bought this device a week ago, and it was working by the time, now I am suddenly shock that the systems is not working, there was a note on the screen that google application is stopped and I press the okey option but keep popping up, and then completely gone, nothing on the screen, what I can do now? can you help me please?

fely coyle

haggard1977

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

I see the System UI app but it does not give me the uninstall option. I tried to delete it from my folder app and that isn't an option either. What can I do?

dragonk26

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Why is everyone reseting thier phone? :$ dont do that u will just lose data, just to get rid of this go to application manager and uninstall the application named 'System UI' , dont worry guys its fake, after uninstalling that you will see many icons on ur home screen, they will be juat icons, just remove them and you have solved the priblem. I guess its a virus app which is downliaded with some application and bombs your devuce with advertisements
I don't think it is a good action, I tried to frezze it by using Titanium Backup and the result is completely dark wallpaper and I cannot set any other wallpaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy