How does your volume rocker feel?

Errola0

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Immediately after I started using my Galaxy Nexus I noticed the volume rocker hardware was odd.

My volume rocker feels far more wiggly and clicky than the power button(which feels very solid), and can actually make light clicking noises if you were to lightly shake the phone.

I tried a different demo unit at a Verizon store and the rocker also had quite a bit of play and wobble to it. I've read mixed things from other people while reading about the rocker on other forums and reddit.

Some say all the Nexus devices they've touched have had wobbly volume rockers, some say all of them have been rock solid. Other have said the GSM has been solid while most of the CDMA have been wobbly. I love the build of the phone, but the rocker/bar just feels beyond cheap and the looseness is irritating.

So, is this a quality control issue? Does your Galaxy Nexus volume rocker feel solid, or does it have some play and wiggle to it?

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
My volume rocker is a little loose but nothing major that would have me going crazy over. I think it is just because of the fact that it is a volume rocker.

ath1337

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Loose, every time you put the device down you hear the the plastic rattle. Kind of annoying, but doesn't really effect the function of the phone. Verizon would not let me exchange the phone for this issue, even though it's not present in all the GNs. Kind of sad that a $700 phone has such a poorly made volume button. I'm in the NY area btw, and all the GNs here seem to have this issue.

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
The same rattling is being complained about people and their iPhones. I noticed it with mine when I had it.

If it annoys you that much, cut a very small piece of tap and put it over the middle of the rocker. I know, you shouldn't have to do that but it will fix it.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I haven't notice any issues with my volume rocker. I just checked and it is a tiny bit wiggly (more than the power button), but certainly nothing I would be concerned about. And I've only noticed now because I actively checked.

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't notice any issues with my volume rocker. I just checked and it is a tiny bit wiggly (more than the power button), but certainly nothing I would be concerned about. And I've only noticed now because I actively checked.

Its really not a big deal. And like you said, most people won't notice it unless someone points it out.

lcsglvr

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
omg. Ha. Ppl are very sensitive to anything that they are looking for or dont expect. Volume rocker is solid. Checked it several times. Then i was flicking it very lightly and noticed ever so slightly give. For me, rock solid

crazynikka3

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
The volume rocker on my phone is as solid as can be, but my phone does rattle when I set it down. Which I have heard is due to the camera shutter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm