Still Deciding

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have time to get to a VZN store and play with the phones until last night. The Razr seemed too wide for my hand to be comfortable using the phone one-handed but I liked how thin it was. The lack of a removable battery on the Razr concerns me but other than that, I liked it. I couldn't detect a difference in screen quality between the Razr and the GN, but then again, I don't have the best eyesight.

The Rezound was thick and not sure how bad that would be but the glass on the screen seemed highly reflective, more so than the other phones and that I didn't like. I am going to go to a different store to see if it was just the lighting. I liked Sense.

At my local VZN store the GN had 4 bars LTE just like the Rezound and Razr. I liked how it felt in my hands, but I didn't place a call on it to get to hear the sound quality. I am not sure if I will ever do rooting/flashing ROM and not sure how much work I want to put into customizing a phone so I am not sure if the GN is for me, but I did like it the best just because of the how the phone felt in my hand. I am worried that it will take too much effort to customize the phone, though and of course all of the reports about holding a 4G signal concern me.

Just rambling here, trying to sort out my thoughts. Any thoughts to help me decide are appreciated.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok since I was in the same boat as yourself. N I have been forced to slow down
and do some research here is what I have learned.
Mind you I have only considered the Razr and the GN

This is what you will get out of the box with the Razr.....
For one the Razr is water resistant, it has been proven tested by Cnet.
Out of the box DNLA support=connecting wirelessly to your TV

-HDMI Mirroring
-Micro SD card
-Non removeable battery.
-Also you have the capability of adding the lap dock=mirroring your phone on your laptop.
-The screen may be a tad brighter outdoors on the Razr and the text may be slightly better.
Debateable......
-The call reliability and the 4g connectivity for now are more reliable, and Moto definitely has a better rep
for call reliability overall.

The GN
-Definitely a faster processor.
-The display on the GN some will say better, but where I will give the edge to
the GN display is that what is on the screen displays larger.
-No micro SD card, but transfering files music from your computer to your phone is quite easy,
and it would be recommended to back up your phone more than you would without an SD card.
-With an after market app AirSync it does support DNLA.
-Also what I have learned on these forums is that it does support HDMI
-U can add an extended battery/ replaceable battery
-A lot less restriction on what you can do with your phone
-Although it may be buggy and seem to have lag, when u are in your apps it will respond faster.
-If vision is your issue I would tend to lean to the GN

But now here is the big but; the Razr with the overlay of moto blur for all intents and porposes
a menu if you will that is placed on the phone by the manufacturer. It will be more user friendly.
Just a tad.

But for performance in direct sunlight, nothing touches the amoled screens....
But I have to say that the iphone4 is decent in direct sun.
Hope this helps

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
One more thing. Never considered the Rezound because the way it was marketed it seemed to be more
for entertainment....
I need a phone that will do it all.
Lastly I am deciding on the GN because of the possibility of the sheer speed....
of the device
Also the Rezound screen wont be as good outdoors someone here verified that.

Reactions: CarryMe

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
After I sold my Bionic and before I ordered my Nexus, I went and looked at the Razr and Rezound.

The rezound had a nice screen but I hate sense and HTC devices just never do it for me.

The razr just felt operated like a thin bionic and was uncomfortable to hold. Also, I find it to be ugly.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
If I had the choice, I'd never choose another phone over a Nexus. Knowing you're going to get updates period is nice, and even better that you get them before anyone else. The only phone that'll probably get a newer version of Android first is a phone that won't be out for a long time: the next Nexus.

This alone is enough for me to give up the nicer camera on the Rezound and the thinness of the RAZR.

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
If I had the choice, I'd never choose another phone over a Nexus. Knowing you're going to get updates period is nice, and even better that you get them before anyone else. The only phone that'll probably get a newer version of Android first is a phone that won't be out for a long time: the next Nexus.
Does that mean that every Nexus out there gets every update for as long as the phone is operable?

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Does that mean that every Nexus out there gets every update for as long as the phone is operable?

I suppose as long as the hardware can support it. The Nexus One isn't getting the ICS update because to my understanding it doesn't have enough internal storage. It only has 512MB. On Gingerbread, my Nexus One already barely has any space for apps. I basically can't play any high end games on it because they don't fit on my phone.

So we'll see how long the Nexus S continues getting updates, but the Nexus will at least be supported for two years, at which point you can use your upgrade to get a new (Nexus) phone.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

It will get updates for as long as Google supports the device. The two year old Nexus One just now stopped being supported as Google released ICS. But the good thing about the Nexus is the development community. While not getting an official upgrade when support for the device is dropped you can bet that it will get ported by the developers. While there are higher spec'd phones coming out in the near future it will be tough to beat the nexus in my opinion. I buy a new phone every few months but I can finally see myself getting out of that expensive addiction with the Nexus and keeping a phone for at least a year. It will be assured of getting new updates that will breathe new life into it and give it a new phone feel. And the hardware definitely isn't bad, even though I'd have preferred Samsung's Exynos processor, the Nexus performs very solidly with the hardware it went to market with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007