Amazon Pricing History Question

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
So I waited too long and didn't get the $149 deal from Amazon, now it is $189. Not a deal breaker, but still, I would rather get the phone for $149 and use the $40 for a case.

I know eventually the prices will come down as new phones are released but do you think there is any chance the price will drop back down after Christmas and before the double the data offer expires on the 31st?

I know you would be just guessing, but if something similar has happened on Amazon and you have seen/heard about it, please let me know!

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Just called Amazon for those interested. I was told by the rep that what happened is that when they sold out of their inventory, they had to go back to the manufacturer for more phones and at that time Samsung upped the price at which they sell the phones to Amazon due to heavy demand. So Amazon upped the price accordingly.

That makes me think that the chance the price will come back down to $149.99 before 12/31 is low since the orders placed after Sunday look like they are not shipping out until January so Samsung is not likely to drop its price.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer