Handcent sending to the wrong contact...

dqdude

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I am running Handcent as my default sms app and have encountered a major issue!
I was sending an sms to a contact (contact A) that I was already in the middle of a thread with. My texts were showing as going to "contact A" when they were actually received by "contact B". Not cool when the nature of the sms was private.Contact A never received the sms' while contact B received them all. :( Very embarassing!

Another issue I have encountered when sending a sms to a contact...it ends up going to "anonymous". That one happened today.

Anyone else experience these issues?

jeffruby

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
yup, after 2 years swapped to go SMS. Stuff like that is dangerous. Gosms and u wont look back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
dqdude: When you go to the messages that were sent to the wrong person, long press on one and select "message details" from all the way at the bottom -- does it show the correct phone number for the person you THOUGHT you were sending to, or does it show the number of the person who actually received it?

dqdude

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I deleted the thread yesterday...If it it happens again I will check that out.
I sure hope it doesn't happen again...it could cause some major issues! ;)

dqdude: When you go to the messages that were sent to the wrong person, long press on one and select "message details" from all the way at the bottom -- does it show the correct phone number for the person you THOUGHT you were sending to, or does it show the number of the person who actually received it?

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
i had this happen on my Thunderbolt while using handcent. honestly i am really happy with the stock sms app on the Nexus, I don't see any need (for me at least) to use a 3rd party sms app with this device but it's good to know this is happening just in case i get bored and try to change things up.

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I can live without all the customization on handcent. I just want a nice pop up notification. So far, light flow pop doesn't seem to be working.

quiklives

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
So far I haven't experienced this, but Handcent is my app of choice.

Does anyone know if it's an inherent SMS problem? Anyone on stock having this issue at all? I really dislike the stock app, it's ugly.

tlincoln

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I dropped back to stock because 2 different friends had this happen, one with both handcent & gosmms pro and the other with just handcent.

tjefferson3

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I was using Gosms and had this same thing happen to me last night...I'vs decided to use the stock sms..one question...in GB there is an option to append a signature to messages...I can't seem to find that option in ICS...is it possible with ICS?

ScottiePP7

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I was going to get the Nexus this afternoon... this is too big an issue to get the phone though.

Can anyone confirm that this does not happen with stock? (I know it's impossible to confirm the negative here but has anyone reported any problems with stock?)

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've never had that problem and I'm running the stock messaging app. I'm sure that if this was an actual problem the forums would be flooded with threads about it.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone other than myself contact handcent?

You can check before sending to make sure it is going to the correct person.

What was happening to me was it appeared to be sending to the correct person, but after it was sent it showed that it went to someone else.
What I do is write the message, then back out saving the message as a draft. Go back into the message, if the recipient is correct then it's ok.

Also, I did not have this happen using the stock SMS client.

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I have been on Android since the original Moto Droid and I can remember this "bug" happening way back then.

I can't remember now but I think it was also attributed to non-stock SMS apps.

I love Handcent but I really don't like this and really can't trust an app that has this sort of behavior unless I want some of my tests to end up on wrongnumbertexts lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae