Just got my Nexus - a few questions

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
So I picked up my GNex yesterday, and the two of us are still getting acquainted. As luck would have it, this was during the LTE outage and it turned into a bit of a fiasco. You'd think purchasing a phone at full retail would be the easiest thing to do, but not so at Verizon apparently.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions regarding functionality I had on Gingerbread that I can't seem to replicate. Note - coming from a brief stay with a used RAZR before I found out I was getting the Nexus from my wife for Christmas, so some of this could be hybrid Blur functionality, but I'm hoping there are ways to do the same thing on the GNex..

First, I used an app called "Profile" to automatically manage my settings for things like ringer volume, notification settings, wifi, etcetera. That doesn't seem to work properly on ICS, so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good profile manager? Something that understands location would be even better.

Second, on the RAZR I had smart actions - for example, the ability to tell the phone 'if I swipe to the right on a message in email, delete the message.' Is there an app out there that allows me to do something similar?

Finally, In email, I also liked being able to 'press and hold' to get a pop-up menu to flag, delete, mark read, move to a folder, label, etcetera. That appears to have been replaced with selecting the message when I long press. Is there any way to change that? I've crawled around in settings but don't see any settings for that.

Thanks in advance. Love the phone so far!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy