worth it to wait for REV. 2 device?

haigdaniel

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, what do you guys think about waiting for a hardware rev 2 device? and if i do decide to wait, how would i know?

My DINC is going strong on CM7 so i can afford to wait, what do you guys think??

Thanks!!

lilnate

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
are you refering to a slight hardware change inside of the Galaxy Nexus??? if that what your talking about i think you need to realize that phones dont last long enough on the current market to warrant a company to reinvent changing out components...its as good as its every going to get hardware wise. thats why they have such a thing as warranties if you get a lemon or defective product

dimsdale

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, what do you guys think about waiting for a hardware rev 2 device? and if i do decide to wait, how would i know?

You will know it is a REV. 2 device when you see the launch of the "Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime".
That has already established to be name of the REV. 2 product.

I couldn't wait, so I got a Nexus on launch day, but I will definitely be getting the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime off-contract when it comes out.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
You will know it is a REV. 2 device when you see the launch of the "Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime".

I couldn't wait, so I got a Nexus on launch day, but I will definitely be getting the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime off-contract when it comes out.

Seriously?

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

What are you talking about? Prime was the internal name for the galaxy nexus and was thought to be its actuall name for some time. Their is no Nexus Prime.......Their will be no new Nexus for at least a year.

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

My DINC is going strong on CM7 so i can afford to wait, what do you guys think??

Thanks!!

In the LTE phone market, a hardware revision most likely means a NEW PHONE!!! Even with some moderate hardware default, major manufacturers won't easily revise it. It's not just Samsung, Moto, or HTC. Think of the antenna gate of Apple and look what Apple eventually did for its iPhone 4.

Considering the severity of current bugs on GN, there is absolutely no chance that either Google or Samsung would come up with Rev. 2 hardware of GN. If they do, it would be in a different name.

PS - GN also had another nick name, which was Nexus Prime. I've never heard of any rumor about GN Prime(?).

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
In the LTE phone market, a hardware revision most likely means a NEW PHONE!!! Even with some moderate hardware default, major manufacturers won't easily revise it. It's not just Samsung, Moto, or HTC. Think of the antenna gate of Apple and look what Apple eventually did for its iPhone 4.

Considering the severity of current bugs on GN, there is absolutely no chance that either Google or Samsung would come up with Rev. 2 hardware of GN. If they do, it would be in a different name.

PS - GN also had another nick name, which was Nexus Prime. I've never heard of any rumor about GN Prime(?).

What the hell are you talking about? What severe bugs do ALL GN's have????

And .. FWIW ... The Galaxy name is not going anywhere by Samsung anytime soon. And you can be sure as hell Google isn't killing the Nexus moniker.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma