Galaxy Nexus Laggy?

jackdw

May 23, 2011
Visit site
For the most part, I love my Galaxy Nexus. However, it seems to sometimes get laggy. Scrolling through the app menus can be a bit choppy, and apps can take a few seconds to close. Judging from reviews, it seems most people are having a flawless experience, so does anyone have any suggestions for speeding up my Nexus? (I did briefly unlock the bootloader and root before unrooting and re-locking the bootloader, could that be a factor?)

w00derson

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
The only time I have lag issues is occasionally while typing. It doesn't matter if it a text, email, or whatever. Sometimes I have to wait for it to catch up. Kind of annoying.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Which app menus? Do you have a task killer install?.....rooting alone should not change performance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The next update 4.0.3 improves smoothness very much! If you don't want to wait there are already a ton of ROMs built off of it :)

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine does not lag at all....even when typing. It does with live wallpapers though. I would love to run them but they have never done anything but lag the hell out of every phone I have tried them on.

Reactions: stabbedintheface

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
If you guys aren't on a 4.0.3 system yet... you don't think you have lag, but wait til you see how much smoother it is :)

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The biggest lag, or delay for me has been typing with the phone in landscape. It is usually a few seconds behind me. Fortunately, unlike other Android devices it gets everything when it catches up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Is this something specific to performance improvements made by ROM developers or is it improvements in 4.0.3 itself?

Obviously devs do work too, but 4.0.3 specifically featured a lot of speed fixes and system tweaks.. You can find the 4.0.3 changelog its publicly up on google somewhere and see what I mean.

Reactions: dammitcubs

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I've seen some lag when I use the Galaxy Nexus while its charging. It's odd but I've noticed this same behavior with touchscreen phones from different manufacturers. I saw the same issue with my Storm 2 and Thunderbolt.

Sent using Tapatalk

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Coming from a Thunderbolt running liquid rom, the Nexus is slow and choppy. Not all the time, but its definetly not as fast as I would like it to be.

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I got mine Thursday morning, haven't modded it at all. The only noticeable lag I've seen has been opening up the app switcher and jumping between apps sometimes. Compared to the persistent lagging on my OG this is no problem for me.

Mushkie11

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I have bad lag in landscape view as well as turning the phone to landscape. The other thing I noticed is the phone doesn't flow smooth thru facebook and twitter. Still loving the phone though!

jackdw

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible that I could have messed something up to slow down performance when I unrooted and locked the bootloader? Thanks.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
i just noticed my keyboard lagging for the first time while i was typing a message in facebook. Doesnt happen anywhere else but in facebook in land scape mode. Other than that my gnex has no lag anywhere else. In my case i would say that its a facebook problem.

mozy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I noticed lag with live wall paper, but I turned if off. If I have a ton of apps open at once it can lag.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I noticed lag with live wall paper, but I turned if off. If I have a ton of apps open at once it can lag.

I didnt mention live wallpaper lag cuz its a given. They look awesome but im not sure why they keep adding them to these phones because they have yet to make a phone run right with them running. Whats it going to take to run live wall papers without lag.....6 cores running at 3 gigs with a gpu to match? Damn you live wallpapers, how you tease me so.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers