Random advertismets via notification bar

NY Jets_6

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else experiencing this? I'm getting offers every now and then to download free paid apps and all those scams.

Anyway to block em?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

smitty24

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
They gotta be from an app you have downloaded. I havent experienced them - for that matter on any android phone Ive ever had

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was getting that on one of my bionics. I don't remember which one off hand. Which means it was associated with the phone number assigned to the phone. I use Google Voice, so standard text messages come to all my phones.

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else experiencing this? I'm getting offers every now and then to download free paid apps and all those scams.

Anyway to block em?

I got one today saying I Had been chosen to win a prize....went through filling out all the information to find out I had to "try" 6 different offers! They all cost money! No Freakin Way. It said they select one Galaxy Nexus every day.....How do they know that I have a galaxy nexus?! I don't have any different apps on my phone than I did when I had my Bionic.

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Just used the app someone mentioned and I'm shocked to find out that it's Flikie Wallpapers HD! They just did an update last night. it's got Airpush. NOT Cool...that's like the only place to get good wallpapers from.

*Edit* I just went to the market to rate Flikie a 1 star and complain and found i'm not the only one having the problem. looks like their new update took advantage of the loyal users.

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I got one today saying I Had been chosen to win a prize....went through filling out all the information to find out I had to "try" 6 different offers! They all cost money! No Freakin Way. It said they select one Galaxy Nexus every day.....How do they know that I have a galaxy nexus?! I don't have any different apps on my phone than I did when I had my Bionic.
Apps generally are able to read what your phone reports as its model. I think it requires one of the permissions, but I know apps can do it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey