I'm sorry if this is a repeat discussion...

But, one of my favorite features is how easy it is to create and name folders for the desktop.

I am able to keep my screen neat, organized, and clutter free.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    qnet and 2defmouze like this.
    12-22-2011 11:20 AM
    def a good feature.. Ive got a folder for cameras, for games, for google apps, and going to organize a few more.
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    12-22-2011 11:23 AM
    I get a ***** for the ICS folder system its really great
    12-22-2011 11:27 AM
    I like the data counter, pretty slick!
    12-22-2011 11:51 AM
    If we are mentioning our fav part of ICS - mine has to be the app switcher. I know recent apps was available in earlier versions (long press of 'HOME' button) but I find myself just tapping the button and going to recent apps waaaay more than previously. I think its where Android shines.

Also, the swipe gestures to close/dismiss are steallar too.
    12-22-2011 11:57 AM
    My number one fav is the amazing developer support for this phone. After only a week we have tons of roms. I had a charge before this and the dev scene was pretty much dead.

Another fav is Wallet. I go out of my way to find a place to use it and see the cashiers reaction.
    12-22-2011 11:59 AM
    i like having a folder just for speed dials and direct contact text. much easier to remember than remembering speed dials on a keypad!
    12-22-2011 12:00 PM
    It's definitely one of my favorite things also. You could make folders before but, the look is much better and adding apps to a folder is a lot easier. I also like how you can add the folder to the fixed launcher tray on the bottom.
    12-22-2011 12:15 PM
    Another fav is Wallet. I go out of my way to find a place to use it and see the cashiers reaction.
    I haven't loaded this on my GNex yet, but haha that is a damn good reason to.
    12-22-2011 12:59 PM
    Just how much more open the OS is than even earlier versions. Every app, the browser, home pages, and the camera are wide and spacious. My workspace is important for keeping thoughts straight.
    12-22-2011 01:21 PM
    I love them too and never understood why they killed them in honeycomb. Would definitely be even nicer if they were scrollable tho.
    12-22-2011 01:52 PM
    Adding apps to folders, along with renaming folders is an updated feature in several of the 3rd party launchers.
    It's nice to be able to do it without any 3rd party apps though.
    Just thought I'd share for anyone wanting to have that feature that aren't able to get a Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    12-22-2011 02:15 PM
    Love the folder system - I used it a lot when I had a BB Tour years ago. I have all my apps in folders and most of them are accessible off a folder on the home screen.

I also love the app switcher/task manager. If I keep closing my apps when I'm not using them it keeps my GN working smoothly!
    12-22-2011 03:24 PM
    I dont like folders cuz then I have to have more clicks to get to an app. but thats just me.
    12-22-2011 03:50 PM
    I dont like folders cuz then I have to have more clicks to get to an app. but thats just me.
    Depends on how many apps you have in a group. Personally I have a folder with many mobile news feeds, cnet, cnetTV, Android central news, Phandroid, and so forth, so it's easier for me to have them all in one folder than hunting all over several screens or flipping screens back and forth to find the page where my apps are. Beauty of ICS is that we easily can use folders, or not. Before it was mostly just not.
    12-22-2011 04:16 PM
    ^^^This.

12-22-2011 04:25 PM
    Using a folder is basically double tapping to get to an app... I don't understand...
    12-22-2011 07:00 PM
    I do use gmail, but only for my personal emails. At work we use an exchange server. It is the work emails i would miss the most since i am more productive for receiving them
    I think its about the same.

12-22-2011 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD