Please Help *(Gift Pending)* Messages

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

I need your help figuring out a recurring message I am receiving on my new Galaxy Nexus. It comes up as a plus sign in my notification bar and reads *(Gift Pending)* You Could Be Today's Christmas Winner>. I have attached a screen shot of what I am seeing.

Any ideas on how to get these messages to stop?

Thank you!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
junk from a app that's installed. Nothing to do with ics or the nexus. Look over the last apps you installed and when it started.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: miamifin33

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
That's from the Christmas Tree HD live wallpaper app I believe. I had that popping up when I installed it and when I uninstalled it the darn thing never came up again.

ccm435

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
This started happening to me a little about a week or so ago, and I couldn't figure it out. Thanks to a couple suggested apps that show what other apps do I found out is was an app I don't even use called BloatFreeze. Removed it and no more Gift Pending malware ads! Such lameness.

-cm-

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
I just realized today that it will give you a website to go to so that you can "opt-out" of receiving ads in your notification bar. I did it today so we will see if it works.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC