Best Way to Video Call on Galaxy Nexus

TheNexusMan

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus is my 1st phone with a front facing camera, and I'm anxious to try out the video call feature. What is the best app to accomplish this for free? Tango? Skype? Google+? Or something else? Preferably, I'd like to be able to call other Android phones as well as ios devices.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I just tried Skype out for the first time a few minutes ago on 4G and it was surprisingly good. Haven't tried any other apps though.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I skype with my brother on his android. I know that my friend with iPhone uses skype on his iPhone but we haven't done it yet. He skyped voice on a plane once, and had a hard time explaining to the flight attendant he wasn't really on his phone.

Reactions: bailman

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Google Talk, Google+ Messenger, and Skype.

Google+ Messenger is probably the most fun as it's getting a lot of development attention and you can have up to 9 way video chat at 1 time for free.

Androidjen09

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I have done a hang out with google+, with 3 people, worked pretty good. But I thought we were supposed to be able to see all the people in the hangout on one screen? It just switched between each person. Back and forth back and forth? I have a Galaxy nexus, and my husband has a droid bionic and the third has a GN also? neither of us could see more than one person at a time?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
+1 more for google talk. In order to talk to someone with an iPhone they must download a free app called vTok.

I use Google talk to video chat with my girlfriend who has an iPod touch, works great.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I have done a hang out with google+, with 3 people, worked pretty good. But I thought we were supposed to be able to see all the people in the hangout on one screen? It just switched between each person. Back and forth back and forth? I have a Galaxy nexus, and my husband has a droid bionic and the third has a GN also? neither of us could see more than one person at a time?

Yeah when your in a hangout from the device, the camera will show the person making the sounds. It cant view all the people at the same time.

I normally use Tango since its cross platform and a lot of people I know have Androids and Iphones. They just updated Tango to. Looks smoother and the quality is a lot better. They have options to leave a video message now. Its pretty good. Skype works good to, but I dont really know anyone with Skype on there phone but like 1 other guy.

datdudeike

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I use 3 apps on both my Nexus and Iconia a500. Skype with my girlfriend/parents, tango with my siblings, and google talk with friends and coworkers.