Battery Life Bug? The root cause?

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Interesting thread, and makes sense. But, this was reported under Gingerbread. I wonder if this would be an issue with ICS, as this condition would definitely be logged during testing with ICS drivers by Samsung (and, it was a known reported issue prior to ICS)?

Some adventurous soul could probably install a watchdog app and log results, if they have the time (which I don't, otherwise I'd offer). But, it would be interesting to know whether this aberrant behavior is still around...

2010BmwM3

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
After messing with a few things two nights ago my battery lasted me 1 day and 2 hours with 4 hours of usage and still had 22% battery left.

My phone is 100% stock too.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
You're doing better than me, BMW. I barely eeked out 14 hours before the phone shut off, and that was with just over 120 minutes of "screen on" all day.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Interesting thread, and makes sense. But, this was reported under Gingerbread. I wonder if this would be an issue with ICS, as this condition would definitely be logged during testing with ICS drivers by Samsung (and, it was a known reported issue prior to ICS)?

Some adventurous soul could probably install a watchdog app and log results, if they have the time (which I don't, otherwise I'd offer). But, it would be interesting to know whether this aberrant behavior is still around...
I agree. (I should make it clear that this post is referring to GB too. We know how some of us read around here.) I guess the point is that it takes just one bad driver to cause issues.

h_v_bryant

May 28, 2011
Visit site
6 hours 12 minutes, not using phone, 18% battery remains.

This is unacceptable for the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon LTE.

What can I do to help with this?

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
6 hours 12 minutes, not using phone, 18% battery remains.

This is unacceptable for the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon LTE.

What can I do to help with this?
KISS: only 2 things eat battery: radios and screen, usually more of the former. With the settings/battery app you can easily see what's sucking your battery,it's pretty easy. Then fix the apps that are using it (usually GPS which is a big hog), or your searching for LTE back and forth to 3G. If that's it turn off LTE.

dirt101

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Yep, first night I had my GN it lost 30 pct of its battery sitting on my nightstand, after looking through the battery info I saw it had lost signal sometime in the night. I disabled 4g and now battery life is great for me, plus I just dont "need" LTE for the things I use it for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair