How do I prevent Nexus from hooking up with other Wifi networks?

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I want it to connect to my home and office automatically, but not every Starbucks I enter (thus being subject to all of their browser oddities), etc.

I can set it to ignore any certain ones that I regularly come in contact with, but not with new ones. Is there a way to set it to automatically connect to those remembered ones I specifically designate, but none others?

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It only connects to networks that you have at one time or another authorized it to connect to. Maybe all Starbucks name their network the same & you jumped on wifi at one of them, right?

If you only want it to connect to home & work automatically, go to your wifi settings & "forget" all networks except those. Then just don't enable anymore or always delete them when you are done using them.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: How do I prevent Nexus from hooking up with other Wifi networ

No, I have never allowed a Starbucks with this phone, it just connected automatically. Very annoying. And, since I did not tell it to "remember" it was not in the list of connections I could tell it to ignore once I had left! So, it connected again the next time.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site

Just toggle off Wifi when you're not at home or the office. No need to have it on 24/7.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Just toggle off Wifi when you're not at home or the office. No need to have it on 24/7.

THIS^^...

Leaving it on when your not using it is just another radio that's on draining your battery because its looking for a signal. Always switch it off when not using :)

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site

you need to keep it happy to prevent it from randomly hooking up with other wifi! >_>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt