GPS voice

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had a couple different android phones and used the GPS on all of them.
Anyone tried it on the Nexus? The voice on this one is so bad..it sounds like she's sick or dieing! So bad :)
Is it just mine that's different?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

naudan

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah she sounds different. But to me its much clearer. It could be because she speaks slower but I like it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
dying voice or not, the fact that the GPS works on this phone and actually tells you street names is awesome. I just switched to VZW and everyone told me you had to pay extra for GPS service, guess its free with the GN?

sutrebla15

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
dying voice or not, the fact that the GPS works on this phone and actually tells you street names is awesome. I just switched to VZW and everyone told me you had to pay extra for GPS service, guess its free with the GN?

That's if you pay for VZW's navigation. Google's navigation is free.

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

Always been free with Android (well, since 1.6 or something). Big reason my first smartphone years ago was an android over an iphone

Kunji

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
wow!!! i was going to post about this very thing. the voice is almost like some sick joke. it was utterly horrifying to me and my family. the kids were in shock :)

please...someone tell me that we can change the voice?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463