Camera sound

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
is there anyway to turn off the sound the camera makes? i can't seem to find it in the settings. settings are pretty bare. thanks.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
There are probably a number of ways to do this, but the easiest I've found is to just use your volume rocker to take the phone down to silent and you'll get no camera noise.

heartagram616

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It seems to linked to the media volume, I've noticed that if I have media muted the camera makes no sound even if the ringer volume is all the way up.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
ah there's no way to just turn it off? hmmm i'm not rooted so i can't delete the sound file. don't really want to keep turning off the volume just to take pictures. i just find it annoying when people take pictures in public and there's a sound. i don't want to be that person lol. >_< guess it's not as bad since the camera sound isn't that annoying shutter sound.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
BTW, if rooted the shutter sound (although I like the Freudian slip of "shudder sound") can be deleted/renamed (/system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg) but I don't think the focus sound can be.

I've installed Volume Control Plus which has a nice side effect of giving you a different volume setting when you're on Bluetooth or have headphones plugged in. While it's more of a kludge, I'd rather have a dead silent phone unless I've got headphones on most of the time anyway so it works well for me.

Of course, many 3rd party camera apps can disable the sound in their menu settings.

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
BTW, if rooted the shutter sound (although I like the Freudian slip of "shudder sound") can be deleted/renamed (/system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg) but I don't think the focus sound can be.

Perfect, i was able to use root explorer to rename both shutter files. If anyone knows how to remove the focus sound that would be awesome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta