PIN lock and credentials/certificates

lordbah

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Let me preface this by saying that I have not even attempted to set up an Exchange or Outlook account. I see many instances of people asking about the issue I have and being told it's due to Exchange. In my case, that can't be.

My phone is set up with a PIN, and I don't want it to be. While I never did Exchange, I did install a certificate while I was trying to set up the connection to my home mail server. (Which didn't work, and I'll have to figure that out eventually too). I believe the phone insisted that I set up a lock before it would let me install the certificate. The settings screen says that "credential storage" is one thing which may disabled setting the screen lock to "None". I was going to try deleting that certificate, but I can't find it. "Trusted Credentials" doesn't list anything under "User", and of the dozens of items under "System" none of them look like the one I added. Will "Clear credentials" do what it says and remove "all" credentials, where "all" would include all of those pre-installed System ones? That sounds like something I wouldn't want to do unless I had a way to add them back.

The phone is rooted, in case that gives me any way out of this. I don't want any kind of lock because let's face it the phone is always in my pocket or in my hand. It shouldn't insist on having a lock before it'll let me talk to my own mail server.

tloftxj

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I am also have the same problem. However, you mentioned you have a dozen or so System Trusted Credential. I have nearly 50-75.

I am methodically disabling all of them at the moment.