Yet another battery question....

zstern23

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had the phone since the 16th and the battery has been terrible the whole time. This is my first Android and I didn't realize it was a good thing to do full power cycles the first few charges. For esentially the whole week, I would keep it plugged in at work for periods of time when it was getting low (around 20%) and would get it to around 50% or so. I would then charge it over night when I went to bed. I'm using the extended battery. I'm doing my first full power cycle right now. Is it too late for this? Have I already ruined the battery or will it hopefully get better over a few cycles?

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The good thing about Lithium batteries is they do not have a memory like the old NiCads did. Im not sure that conditioning is still relevant even for these but if you still drain and charge the battery from 0 to full it would still recondition it. But no you havent ruined the battery. If they would be ruined like that all batteries would be worthless cause most people do just what you have done.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
How does long your battery last? If your last phone was a feature phone then your Android phone wont compare in battery length.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay