My nexus is using INSANE amounts of data..

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
ok so how do u do this? ask to change to an unlimited data plan and then request to take off the hotspot? how much more is it to do that? and do i go in to a store or call?

Add unlimited 4g hotspot. Then log online and change your features and turn off hotspot. Then u should have unlimited data remaining.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Just leave the phone on 3G if you're scared of going over your data limit.

Stilly1155

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Add unlimited 4g hotspot. Then log online and change your features and turn off hotspot. Then u should have unlimited data remaining.

Can you just add it and take it off online instead of calling and speaking to a Rep? :confused:

Nevermind. Called this morning and added it. Will call tomorrow and have it removed. Will let you guys know if it still works....

Last edited:

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I find that because when I take pictures in rapid fire to ensure I get a best possible shot, and google+ uploading all of them, it is taking up 10 times more data than before. I have no problem w/ that as it's 4G and unlimited data... If I had a 2gb cap I would have pasted that a few days ago...

flashkillpro

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Can you just add it and take it off online instead of calling and speaking to a Rep? :confused:

Nevermind. Called this morning and added it. Will call tomorrow and have it removed. Will let you guys know if it still works....

And?? Did it work ????

I have a 5gb plan for 50 bucks but verizon doubled it to 10gb so i willl nevr have a problem :p :p

flashkillpro

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
i dont think that it will work and when they start slowing you down to 2g (edge) when you reach 2gb (what they will do if they don't want any unlimited plans) i'm better with my 10 gb of full speed 4g

reidoreilly

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
i was STUNNED by how much data ive used, i still have the "unlimited" plan but i went to the store and drove home and streamed my music through rhapsody and had used 119mb of data on like a 20 minute drive. Im not really worried about going over yet, but I turned off the HQ 192kbps bitrate feature for the streams and will just stick with the regular ones when using rhapsody.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I find that because when I take pictures in rapid fire to ensure I get a best possible shot, and google+ uploading all of them, it is taking up 10 times more data than before. I have no problem w/ that as it's 4G and unlimited data... If I had a 2gb cap I would have pasted that a few days ago...

I disabled battery uploads, which give me more time to delete the bad shots before they're uploaded to google +.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
i dont think that it will work and when they start slowing you down to 2g (edge) when you reach 2gb (what they will do if they don't want any unlimited plans) i'm better with my 10 gb of full speed 4g

A lot of people have reported it worked for them. And Verizon never throttles 4G data. You might get throttled on 3G while the network is congested, but that's not so bad. The network must never be congested where I live because I've never been throttled on 3G.

flashkillpro

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
i know that almost every other carrier throttles your phone when they want you to give up your grandfathered unlimited plan. But I don't want to hate too much. great if it works for !!!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Verizon does not throttle 4G users unless they use insane amounts of data. I used 5 gb in the week I had my Nexus and they didn't throttle me. I'm not sure where you heard that, but its wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I've used between 6 and 11 gigs per month on my unlimited plan since first getting an LTE phone in March. No throttling and no complaints.

Sent using Tapatalk

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Without unlimited data I wouldn't even consider a smart phone. Apps and browsing alone on the first day put me in the 400mb range and now i'm well over 4gb.

I feel the same way, there is no point to having a smartphone without unlimited. I use over 10GB every month without really trying. That's without tethering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair