Screen on my Nexus cracked need advice

S281

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
oh no, i wonder if this is gonna become an issue with the phone. A couple other forums i was on, people have been reporting cracked screens as well, with no damage to the phone.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Personaly i never had any issues with gorilla glass. I droped a phone from about 6feet onto cement and it landed face down and the glass was fine. My Evo 3D never had a screen protector on it and there's not one scratch on the screen. From personal experience the glass on the gnex is inferior to corning's glass. That being said my gnex is also scrachless but that's had a invisashild and the screens never been touch without a invisashiled on it.

I really hope you just got a lemon for a screen. The screen should not break like it did on your phone.

Plenty of gorilla glass screens have scratches. Scratch threads pip up with every phone. I've had gorilla glass phones that have gotten scratches. The bigger problem is that most don't realize just how easy it is to scratch any screen. Its not keys that you need to worry about, its any random dust, sand, or dirt. Things that are around you all the time. Things that can easily be on your hands or in your pockets. They people that realize this understand that it doesn't matter how careful you think you are, the odds are that sooner or later you're going to scratch the screen. High quality screen protectors like Steinheil's are totally clear and feel just like the glass. No reason not to use them for protection. Many people hate screen protectors because they are so used to seeing the crappy ones like Zagg's that are thick and sticky and have orange peel

SHWELL

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Your concern over how soon after adding thei nsurance is a non issue. It is effective at the time of signing up, and there is no "Too soon"...

I had my OG X stolen 12 hours into ownership, and was sent a replacement after paying the deductable. No questions asked. They cannot deny you. You really shouldnt be worried since you will be sending in the broken one.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I'll be honest, if you're going to file an insurance claim, claim it lost/stolen. Keep it and use it for spare parts/music player/around the house internet device.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Plenty of gorilla glass screens have scratches. Scratch threads pip up with every phone. I've had gorilla glass phones that have gotten scratches. The bigger problem is that most don't realize just how easy it is to scratch any screen. Its not keys that you need to worry about, its any random dust, sand, or dirt. Things that are around you all the time. Things that can easily be on your hands or in your pockets. They people that realize this understand that it doesn't matter how careful you think you are, the odds are that sooner or later you're going to scratch the screen. High quality screen protectors like Steinheil's are totally clear and feel just like the glass. No reason not to use them for protection. Many people hate screen protectors because they are so used to seeing the crappy ones like Zagg's that are thick and sticky and have orange peel

i would love to see a clear picture of scratches on Gorilla Glass or other equivalent screens. i have yet to see one.

st0ic_1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
i would love to see a clear picture of scratches on Gorilla Glass or other equivalent screens. i have yet to see one.

I have an OG Droid that has a few smaller scratches on the screen. It definitely can scratch, but it's still tough glass.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'll be honest, if you're going to file an insurance claim, claim it lost/stolen. Keep it and use it for spare parts/music player/around the house internet device.

That's pretty funny and contradicting. I'll be honest, just lie to them. Cracking up lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site

Go through the forums for any phone with a gorilla glass screen, there's plenty of threads. Read them with the release of every new phone with GG

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
That's pretty funny and contradicting. I'll be honest, just lie to them. Cracking up lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I phrased that badly. More along the lines of I'll be honest, this is what I would do. You're paying them the sane amount one way or the other. Insurance companies get over on us more than enough, it wouldn't make me feel bad.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So my one week old phone has a cracked screen that doesnt work. Odd thing is it wasn't dropped and was just in my pocket. Used it before dinner then had phone in pocket during dinner. Go outside and when I get in the car and take out my phone....cracked screen. I honestly have no idea how in the world that happened (nothing in the pocket but the phone).

I fortunately bought insurance for the phone 2 days ago before this happened and was told it was live right away. Do I need to wait to take it to a Verizon store or can I go right away?

Did you have it in a shirt pocket or one of the pockets of your pants?

thronedswine

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I cracked my screen the first night I had the phone filed the claim through Assurion. It was a 99 dollar deductible they sent me a brand new phone in original box and everything so now I have extra battery and accessories! I just have to return the phone in a little prepaid and labeled envelope thing.

KarbonKopy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I cracked my screen the first night I had the phone filed the claim through Assurion. It was a 99 dollar deductible they sent me a brand new phone in original box and everything so now I have extra battery and accessories! I just have to return the phone in a little prepaid and labeled envelope thing.

Good to know!

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Looking at the picture, its not a stress crack.. something had to hit the left side of the phone.. all those lines(cracks) coming from the impact point.. stress crack means no impact point and most likely would have on line(crack)..

Understand what you're saying, but just because there are multiple cracks from the same point doesn't necessarily mean its not a stress crack. I agree it could have hit something there, hut I'd need to see it better to decidedecide

KarbonKopy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I can almost swear it didnt hit anything, but it was in my pocket maybe I bumped something...but I should be aware if I hit something with my leg that hard I'd figure...

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I saw a very similar crack on someone else's phone and they also didn't feel like they abused it...

I'm starting to wonder if there may be a weakness in the glass in all or some.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay