new Nexus wont activate

yamaha93

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
just got nexus now wont activate it keeps dialing the *22899 number for like 12 seconds then hangs up and will immediately retry the number. i signed in with my gmail account it just wont activate.what could be wromg? and i installed the new update btw

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I had this issue as well. I am guessing someone got you it as a gift. You need to call Verizon, and give them authorization and have them activate 4G for your device so that you can use it.

(800) 922-0204

I don't know if they are open on Christmas, but don't worry, there isn't anything wrong with your phone. You just need to make that phone call.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Just the SIM is activated in LTE phones. When I activated mine I had to call a CSR because I couldn't get it to work online.

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I had this issue as well. I am guessing someone got you it as a gift. You need to call Verizon, and give them authorization and have them activate 4G for your device so that you can use it.

(800) 922-0204

I don't know if they are open on Christmas, but don't worry, there isn't anything wrong with your phone. You just need to make that phone call

jorGeorge

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem. I just booted mine up for the first time and it keeps telling me it is having problems activating it. I can either restart the phone and try again or skip and continue with setup. I'm assuming this is because the network is getting hammered with activations right now...any recommendations?

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem. I just booted mine up for the first time and it keeps telling me it is having problems activating it. I can either restart the phone and try again or skip and continue with setup. I'm assuming this is because the network is getting hammered with activations right now...any recommendations?

Call Verizon and they will get it activated for you.

Reactions: jorGeorge

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I've gone through two Nexuses so far and I've learned a lot about how VZW does LTE. Your LTE SIM might be dead. Verizon seems to love to kill those things. I'm on my third at the moment because apparently when you switch service to a 3G phone (I also have an iPhone 4S) from an LTE phone, it automatically burns the SIM...and you have to trek out to a store to get a new one. I hope this isn't the case for you, but it is a possibility. Calling customer service is your best bet since they'll be able to tell you if the SIM's dead or not.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
If you got the phone and the SIM card via mail, and booted your phone for the first time, most likely you will run into that issue. You must first activate your LTE SIM card either from online or via VZW customer service. If you have been using VZW website, you should be able to get to the activation menu of your line, where you can activate your phone and your LTE SIM card.

Or, as many others mentioned above, you could call VZW customer service number. They could do the process for you.

complexx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Even VZW doesnt know how to activate their phonea. When i ordered it over the phone, the salesmen specifically told me to put the sim in and boot up and that would activate it. When that didnt work, i teied *228 which also wouls not work. Then i dialed customer service and used the automated system and it worked.

comk4ver

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Really?
When I received my nexus from eBay I knew that I had to visit the corporate store to get it all sorted because I didn't have a new sim card for the nexus even though it came with the previous owners sim card (he told me to chuck it he didn't want it anymore).
Also recently just last week I thought I lost my nexus called verizon deactivated the nexus and activated my droid X waited a whole day until I managed to find out if my phone was stolen (dropped in my friend's car) then when I got the phone back I called verizon and asked them how to get my nexus back on my line. They said simply turn off the droid X and then turn on the nexus. My sim card was still good no issues.

I too had heard of needing a new sim card but I'm beginning to think that verizon has faulty cards.

I've gone through two Nexuses so far and I've learned a lot about how VZW does LTE. Your LTE SIM might be dead. Verizon seems to love to kill those things. I'm on my third at the moment because apparently when you switch service to a 3G phone (I also have an iPhone 4S) from an LTE phone, it automatically burns the SIM...and you have to trek out to a store to get a new one. I hope this isn't the case for you, but it is a possibility. Calling customer service is your best bet since they'll be able to tell you if the SIM's dead or not.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech