All 4 lines on my account were eligible for upgrades. (been eligible since 7/2005, yes, 2005)

When I upgraded the primary line to the Galaxy Nexus, I expected that line's eligibility date
    to become 2 years from now.(or is it 18 months?)

Anyway, I have been checking my VZW acct online and all 4 lines are still showing eligible
    for upgrade right now. I don't get what's happening here.... When I casually spoke to a
    VZW rep on the phone asking about when my account can be upgraded, she asked me
    to wait a moment. She came back and said "WHY HAVE YOU NEVER UPGRADED?
    It's unusual to see upgrade eligible dates of 2005.... all four of your lines can be upgraded
    right now...." She said it like a teacher from The Simpsons asking Bart Simpson why
    he has been a 6th grader for 20 years!

Any ideas?
    12-25-2011 05:38 PM
    shhhh

Just stay quiet and take advantage of it lol. Something better could come out in 2012 and you can hop onto that phone without waiting two years, hehe.
    12-25-2011 06:01 PM
    What i believe is happening is that within 14 days of your upgrade, your account will still say eligible because you can exchange. This should change soon.
    12-25-2011 06:19 PM
    What i believe is happening is that within 14 days of your upgrade, your account will still say eligible because you can exchange. This should change soon.
    My account has already updated to show 2013.

Sent from my Xoom
    12-25-2011 06:28 PM

seems logical... I'll give it another couple
    of weeks...

if it still says that line is eligible for upgrade,
    I'll call Verizon and complain.
    12-25-2011 06:33 PM
    Yeah probably not, when something like this happens its usually not a good thing, meaning you didn't accept the terms and conditions or sort and if you don't get it taken care of they will charge you for the phones, another is it can take a few days for 4g phones to show up but the contract usually shows up I would call customer service back and tell them what's going on, because if you don't and the charges show up on a bill its pain in the *** to credits back, trust me I work for them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    12-25-2011 06:42 PM
    My sister recently upgrade her phone on T-Mobile after not upgrading for about 4 years. She upgraded and they said she can upgrade again anytime because she hasn't in a while.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    12-25-2011 07:44 PM
    All 4 lines on my account were eligible for upgrades. (been eligible since 7/2005, yes, 2005)

When I upgraded the primary line to the Galaxy Nexus, I expected that line's eligibility date
    to become 2 years from now.(or is it 18 months?)

Anyway, I have been checking my VZW acct online and all 4 lines are still showing eligible
    for upgrade right now. I don't get what's happening here.... When I casually spoke to a
    VZW rep on the phone asking about when my account can be upgraded, she asked me
    to wait a moment. She came back and said "WHY HAVE YOU NEVER UPGRADED?
    It's unusual to see upgrade eligible dates of 2005.... all four of your lines can be upgraded
    right now...." She said it like a teacher from The Simpsons asking Bart Simpson why
    he has been a 6th grader for 20 years!

Any ideas?
    I think there is a lag period before it reflects online. I have seen it reflect in correctly either way. I've had it show that I'm not eligible for an upgrade when I am, as well as what you are seeing.
    12-25-2011 08:10 PM
    Usually it takes a few days for it to change in their system and I am sure with the holidays it may take a little longer for some.
    12-25-2011 08:12 PM
    Yeah probably not, when something like this happens its usually not a good thing, meaning you didn't accept the terms and conditions or sort and if you don't get it taken care of they will charge you for the phones, another is it can take a few days for 4g phones to show up but the contract usually shows up I would call customer service back and tell them what's going on, because if you don't and the charges show up on a bill its pain in the *** to credits back, trust me I work for them.

With all due respect, this is all a lie, especially saying that you work for them. How do i know? Because i have worked for the wireless industry for years, and this usually occurs because there is a period of exchange that the websites will interpret as being eligible for upgrade. I have seen it happen dozens of times.

I may be wrong on this instance, but since i have seen it happen so often, this is probably the case.
    12-25-2011 08:54 PM
    Mine updated online immediately. That's strange.

12-25-2011 08:59 PM
    With all due respect I upgraded to the nexus on release day and I show an upgrade date in 2013. I am well with my return period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-25-2011 09:01 PM
    With all due respect, this is all a lie, especially saying that you work for them. How do i know? Because i have worked for the wireless industry for years, and this usually occurs because there is a period of exchange that the websites will interpret as being eligible for upgrade. I have seen it happen dozens of times.

I may be wrong on this instance, but since i have seen it happen so often, this is probably the case.
    So instead of listening to this guy what is the harm of calling customer service again and letting them know what's going on, better safe than sorry, just trying to help, and yeah have upgraded several people online and myself there has never been a waiting period, AFTER you have accepted the terms and conditions which you don't have to do when activating a 4g device, so again just call CS.

12-25-2011 11:18 PM
    my account show that mine is still available also
    12-26-2011 09:05 AM
    This happened to me one time, I upgraded the same line 3 times within a 14 month period before my date changed. The 2nd time they even had me go into a store and sign a updated/new contract yet it never updated my account. I think it is just a glitch in the system.
    12-26-2011 09:20 AM
    Did you know that you probably wasted a lot of money by not upgrading for 6 years. Even if you didn't need or want the upgrade, you could have "upgraded" to the latest phone and resold it for a profit every couple of years if you knew you were gonna stay so long.
    12-26-2011 11:54 AM
    Did you know that you probably wasted a lot of money by not upgrading for 6 years. Even if you didn't need or want the upgrade, you could have "upgraded" to the latest phone and resold it for a profit every couple of years if you knew you were gonna stay so long.
    Exactly. One of my friends has 5 family plan accounts with VZW. His family just uses regular phone feature, and he has been a VZW customer for almost 10 years. He recently became eligible for upgrades and upgraded all of his lines to the most expensive phones, and then resold them. He now has two years to go with VZW. But, guess what? He made almost one and half grand out of this!!!! Since he was going to use VZW for the next two years anyway, it was a win-win for him.
    12-26-2011 01:46 PM
    spoke with another VZW rep at the corporate store today. my account is still showing ALL lines
    eligible for upgrades right now. the rep was curious as to why I have a recently activated Galaxy
    Nexus on the primary line that still showed eligible for upgrade. after several minutes, she and
    the manager had no clues... they called someone at corporate and got no where. well, at least
    I got them to put notes in the account showing that I made an effort to inform them of this
    situation.
    12-27-2011 03:11 PM
    yep this. after 14 days, that's when you're locked. i got mine from costco and that's what they told me. that's why i have 14 days for a return.
    12-27-2011 08:57 PM
    yep this. after 14 days, that's when you're locked. i got mine from costco and that's what they told me. that's why i have 14 days for a return.
    It's been almost a month since I got my Galaxy Nexus.

After several phone calls (including one this morning, the Verizon Wireless website still shows my line as
    eligible for upgrade. The VZW customer service rep seemed genuinely puzzled. I kept bugging them
    about it because I do not to be caught with a surprise charge on my account a few weeks/months down
    the road. If I want another phone, I can easily use one of my other lines to upgrade. There no need for
    to have this recently-upgraded line to continue to show "eligible for upgrade" at this time.

Unfortunately, there must be a glitch somewhere in VZW's system, as all the reps and supervisors
    in the last month have been unable to fix this issue.
    01-12-2012 01:08 AM
    I give you credit for being honest with them. You went beyond what I would have done in your situation.

01-12-2012 02:05 AM
    It's been almost a month since I got my Galaxy Nexus.

After several phone calls (including one this morning, the Verizon Wireless website still shows my line as
    eligible for upgrade. The VZW customer service rep seemed genuinely puzzled. I kept bugging them
    about it because I do not to be caught with a surprise charge on my account a few weeks/months down
    the road. If I want another phone, I can easily use one of my other lines to upgrade. There no need for
    to have this recently-upgraded line to continue to show "eligible for upgrade" at this time.

Unfortunately, there must be a glitch somewhere in VZW's system, as all the reps and supervisors
    in the last month have been unable to fix this issue.
    At this point I'd just leave it and see what happens. You did your part by bringing it to their attention, but they don't seem to know how to 'fix' it. I wouldn't try and upgrade again (you don't seem like the type that would anyways), but other than that you've done what you can to alert them.
    01-12-2012 04:04 AM
    This happen to me when I got the dx.
    I got the dx about its release date( mid July 2010) and said I had a update in March 2011.
    VZW had been emailing and texting me that I had an update since March of 2011,anytime I went to the store for anything (buying accesories or just paying my bill) and they pulled up my account they would say say "hey your due for an upgrade" .
    So ,I use that update for the GN on Dec 15,2011.
    Although I had my Incredible longer then the dx that update isnt coming up til March of 2012,lol
    I ordered the Incredible on June 2,2010 received it July 2,2010

PS: On my next upgrade now on the nexus line it says it will be in 2013
    01-12-2012 05:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD