Wifi keeps going to sleep

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I have my wifi to always keep awake during sleep, but it keeps disconnecting after a few minutes of the screen being off, no matter what I do, even if there is data traffic.

Say for instance I'm streaming Pandora or TuneIn Radio via wifi, after a few minutes of the screen being off the wifi will cut off and switch to mobile data. I even tried turning mobile data off and the wifi still cuts off, then the content I was streaming of course cuts out until the screen is turned back on and wifi connects again.

Has anyone else had this issue? This issue has happened to me across numerous ROMs.

Sent from the Nexus Galaxy far away...

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
It has happened on different ROMs, that's why I thought it might be a problem with my phone. I'm going to flash back to stock to see if it still does it

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is the same issue or not but my phone will say 3g when I wake it up sometimes. It will take about 3 to 4 seconds for the wifi icon to get back in my status bar. Every other phone I have had I never had this problem. And yes I have it set to Always stay on in sleep mode. However I don't have any disruptions when streaming pandora or anything along them lines.

philroberts13

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same issue, Verizon suggested turning OFF the leave Wifi on when phone sleeps, and now if phone shuts down for a few minutes, as soon as I wake it up it reconnects to network. Works great.:cool:

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same issue, Verizon suggested turning OFF the leave Wifi on when phone sleeps, and now if phone shuts down for a few minutes, as soon as I wake it up it reconnects to network. Works great.:cool:

There's no reason to do this. When wifi turns off, data turns on. Data uses more battery than wifi does. Leave Wifi on.

Brandon

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
i had the same issue when i changed my data back to 3G, even though I had wi-fi on. then i put it back on 4G and the issue still happened. After I rebooted my phone it started working properly and the Wi-Fi sayed on continuously. I have the stock rom, rooted. not sure why this happened randomly.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I was running rootzboat and it would do it, and now it is doing it on cm9 Lang,so rom might have something to do with it. Going to flash back to stock this evening and see how that works.

I know I said that earlier but I saw the cm9 rom and I couldn't help it.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I finally got back to stock and Wi-Fi seems to stay connected now,so I think I'm going to stay that way for awhile

MaTiCeK

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my GSM GNex, running AOKP Milestone 1 ROM. Before that I ran McR and had the same issue. I will be going back to stock. Should I go to 4.01 or 4.02?

Eddroid

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue as well. With the Keep awake during sleep set to always, I have to continually stop and restart wifi to get signal. After reading these posts, I switched it to never and haven't had an issue since yesterday morning. Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been on stock for a few weeks now and I'm still having the same issue... It must be a bug or something, but it seems that not everyone is experiencing it.

DroidRage79

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I have been having the same problem since I got the phone. Bone stock, have "keep Wifi on during sleep checked" as well. If I didnt have unlimited data I'd be more annoyed at this.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar problem. But not on all wifi networks. I notice at home I stay connected all the time. At work it comes and goes. The only difference is that at work the SSID is hidden. Before you think that can't be the problem we had the same issue with a bunch of Macs and iOS devices at work. They're on a different wifi network. The network guys did some research and found that Apple devices have troubles with hidden SSIDs in some scenarios. We made their SSID visible and the Apple folks are now happy campers.

Odd, but true.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I just posted on the other thread, my wifi sleeps when my screen sleeps but it seamlessly wakes when my screen is back on.

I guess if it had to pause to reconnect it every time, that would be bad.

I listen to in tunes and I believe it stays connected until the radio sleeps (I set it to an hour). But I'll double check tonight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt